Boxing up the "old" 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blinny83, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Blinny83 macrumors member

Was just packaging my old phone to ship off to Amazon. Even though I love the 5, it's still kinda hard to get rid of the 4S. I think that's a real testament to the iconoclastic design and longevity of the original 4 design. Still on the fence about sending it off tomorrow. Thinking about keeping it for a backup. Anyone else hesitant to let the 4 / 4S go?

2. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Keep it as a backup. And I agree I think it's cool. The 4S is the last 30 pin connector iPhone with a 3.5" screen. And it has a design that will always be held as one of the best looking smartphones ever made. That's why I love that I'm keeping my 4S until next fall, and will probably keep the 4S when I get the next iPhone (5S).

And lol at you calling it "old" in the title

3. jwire4 macrumors regular

I sold my original iPhone and I have been kicking myself ever since. Since then, I've kept the phone and all items in the box for my3GS and 4. I plan on keeping the phones, just because I think's it's pretty cool to have them. And who knows, maybe one day, when the iPhone 10 comes out, someone would love to have the "ancient" iPhone 4S :)

4. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

It seems like you don't need the money if you're thinking about keeping it.

In that case, keep it if you're attached to it :)

5. Blinny83 thread starter macrumors member

Meh, on second thought. It's just a phone I suppose. Millions of em around if I want another. Plus the 5 is killer. And I can use the Amazon gift card to buy all new lightning accessories. :-/

6. iphone3DG3 macrumors member

Lol I had that thought too. Regardless, a phone is just a phone, and my 4S is off to Amazon for $420 (it was a 32GB white Sprint iPhone). I could use some Amazon credit, even though they started charging tax now.