Boxing up the "old" 4S

Blinny83

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Was just packaging my old phone to ship off to Amazon. Even though I love the 5, it's still kinda hard to get rid of the 4S. I think that's a real testament to the iconoclastic design and longevity of the original 4 design. Still on the fence about sending it off tomorrow. Thinking about keeping it for a backup. Anyone else hesitant to let the 4 / 4S go?

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Keep it as a backup. And I agree I think it's cool. The 4S is the last 30 pin connector iPhone with a 3.5" screen. And it has a design that will always be held as one of the best looking smartphones ever made. That's why I love that I'm keeping my 4S until next fall, and will probably keep the 4S when I get the next iPhone (5S).

And lol at you calling it "old" in the title

jwire4

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
I sold my original iPhone and I have been kicking myself ever since. Since then, I've kept the phone and all items in the box for my3GS and 4. I plan on keeping the phones, just because I think's it's pretty cool to have them. And who knows, maybe one day, when the iPhone 10 comes out, someone would love to have the "ancient" iPhone 4S :)

Blinny83

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Meh, on second thought. It's just a phone I suppose. Millions of em around if I want another. Plus the 5 is killer. And I can use the Amazon gift card to buy all new lightning accessories. :-/

iphone3DG3

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2009
NorCal!
Meh, on second thought. It's just a phone I suppose. Millions of em around if I want another. Plus the 5 is killer. And I can use the Amazon gift card to buy all new lightning accessories. :-/
Lol I had that thought too. Regardless, a phone is just a phone, and my 4S is off to Amazon for $420 (it was a 32GB white Sprint iPhone). I could use some Amazon credit, even though they started charging tax now.