Boy Scouts Will Now Admit Girls

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I just need the cookies, girl scouts or boy scouts I don’t care. Give me the freaking cookies. I swear to Cthulhu, I don’t like sweets, but those cookies. They must put heroine in it, or something.
I admit - I was a former thin mint junkie. But then I found Keebler's Grasshoppers which are in the stores year round and I was able to kick my reliance on the Girl Scouts.

VulchR

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
I admit - I was a former thin mint junkie. But then I found Keebler's Grasshoppers which are in the stores year round and I was able to kick my reliance on the Girl Scouts.
Sacrilege!

I just need the cookies, girl scouts or boy scouts I don’t care. Give me the freaking cookies. I swear to Cthulhu, I don’t like sweets, but those cookies. They must put heroine in it, or something.
I think you'll find it's crack....

Anyway, merge the girl and boy scouts into 'Scouts' and then allow some activities to be all male or female if that's what the Scouts want.

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
BUT BUT BUT.

YOU CAN'T HAVE GIRLS IN BOYSCOUTS1!1!1!1 GIRLS HAVE COOTIES.

honestly. who cares. why are there activities young boys can do but young girls cant? or even vice versa

how about just dropping "boy scouts" and "girl scouts" completely and just calling them "scouts" and opening it up for all genders.

jerwin

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2015
think they already do that in other countries, don't they?
The GSUSA and the BSA were founded as separate organizations, by different people, and have had 100 years to develop entirely different philosophies. There's not a little resentment of the patriarchy's tendency to restrict what a girl can and should be. The BSA is not a straight copy of Baden-Powell's programme, either.

The BSA had an affiliate programme for girls called the campfire girls.

were any of you guys Khaki Scouts?

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
The GSUSA and the BSA were founded as separate organizations, by different people, and have had 100 years to develop entirely different philosophies. There's not a little resentment of the patriarchy's tendency to restrict what a girl can and should be. The BSA is not a straight copy of Baden-Powell's programme, either.

The BSA had an affiliate programme for girls called the campfire girls.
One believes in self-development and community service, while the other is into anarchy and sacrificing animals.

Reactions: jerwin

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
I'm more worried that if the Girl Guides dissapear I won't be able to get those mint-chocolate cookies! :eek:
i'll pass on the mint ones. But the Girl guides here sell these boxes of cookies that are similar to oreos, except godly. half the package is chocolate cookie ones, and the other half is vanilla cookie. I can eat a whole box in minutes. every year I order a bunch and freeze them to last

I may have a problem

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
i'll pass on the mint ones. But the Girl guides here sell these boxes of cookies that are similar to oreos, except godly. half the package is chocolate cookie ones, and the other half is vanilla cookie. I can eat a whole box in minutes. every year I order a bunch and freeze them to last

I may have a problem
I'll trade you those regular ones for the mint ones... I'm not at all addicted, I can quit anytime; I just choose not to.

Phonephreak

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2017
Here and there
I guess I’ll be the one. What is wrong with having Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts? Shouldn’t boys have the chance to do “boy stuff” with out girls around. I’m not saying that girls couldn’t do the scouting program or anything like that. This works the other way too.
I really believe in the Boy Scouts, I was a scout and both my kids are. I have spent many nights camping in the winter. Freezing all night. Good memories.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Last edited:

iapplelove

macrumors 601
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I guess I’ll be the one. What is wrong with having Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts? Shouldn’t boys have the chance to do “boy stuff” with out girls around. I’m not saying that girls couldn’t do the scouting program or anything like that. This works the other way too.
I really believe in the Boy Scouts, I was a scout and both my kids are. I have spent many nights camping in the winter. Freezing all night. Good memories.
You shouldn’t feel like your wrong for asking this question. There is nothing wrong with Boy Scouts for boys and Girl Scouts for girls. This is how it should be.

Edit..actually I think they should get rid of both organizations and create one big one, change the name. This to me makes more sense than girls just joining the Boy Scouts and vise versa etc.

Last edited: