Boy, was I disappointed!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I went to a play at a local school tonite, because I thought it was going to be about my favorite subject, Macintoshes. It turned out to be a play about the King of Scotland and some witches who were definitely weird. Apparently, it was a play written in the year 1606 by a guy named Bill something-or-other. Despite the name of the play, there was not a single Apple computer in the whole play! Oh well, live and learn I guess.

My disappointment tonite was even worse than the time I bought that Kraft Mac and Cheese at the grocery store, brought it home, and found there was no Macintosh in the box. :(

Attachments

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Doctor Q said:
My disappointment tonite was even worse than the time I bought that Kraft Mac and Cheese at the grocery store, brought it home, and found there was no Macintosh in the box. :(
Man I hate when that happens ;)

You're joking right?

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
edesignuk said:
That is possibly the worst joke I have seen yet here at MR :eek: :p
It was a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

P.S. And I mean that in the nicest way possible, Q.

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
Ha, it's so crazy and incoherent that it's kinda funny. The responses here are funny too. Doctor Q, what have you been smoking?

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
I think the good doctor is now "self prescribing" :)

Make me think of what Steve jobs would do to hamlet...
Alas, poor Newton! Who knew it'd, fail: an idea a head of it's time, of most excellent fancy: it hath been ressurected by others a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is!
I admit, I'm on redbull at the moment ;)

apple2991

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2004
Hahahahahahahahaha.

And didn't Steve Jobs believe the Newton would fail from early on? Pretty much Sculley's brainchild, if I remember correctly, and he refused to accept that the product would fail/was failing.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Imagine my disappointment when I opened my Big Mac... And I thought I was getting one hell of a deal for $5 since it came with fries and Coke.

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
mactastic said:
Imagine my disappointment when I opened my Big Mac... And I thought I was getting one hell of a deal for $5 since it came with fries and Coke.
Ohh, I'm sorry, I can imagine how sad it is when you don't get the shiny stickers with it.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Thank you all for your sympathetic comments.

edesignuk: Does the word "that" in your sentence refer to my post or to me as a person?

virividox: Yes, by clicking the button that says "Out, dumb post! Out, I say!"

absolut_mac: That was the best of posts, that was the worst of posts.

Lyle: I stayed because one witch was talking about a wireless mouse:
But in a sieve I'll thither sail,
And, like a rat without a tail,
I'll do, I'll do, and I'll do.​
and Macbeth was discussing whether Apple would drop support for the eMac:
We will proceed no further in this business:
He hath honour'd me of late; and I have bought
Golden opinions from all sorts of people,
Which would be worn now in their newest gloss,
Not cast aside so soon.​
Abstract: Good suggestion.
I am so much a fool, should I stay longer,
It would be my disgrace and your discomfort:
I take my leave at once.

Laslo Panaflex: Nothing. I'm always like this.

Raid: I can't. My handwriting isn't bad enough to write those slips.

mactastic: At least you only lost $5. I had to take out a loan to buy a Mac from this guy named Fred.

applemacdude: Two fists and a BAN ME PLEASE! sign.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
You remind me of my father, you are quit the kidder. I hope that you are enjoying all the responses to your thread. Just sit back and smile. :D

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
wdlove said:
You remind me of my father, you are quit the kidder. I hope that you are enjoying all the responses to your thread. Just sit back and smile. :D
Funny, I went to a play too, last month, by that same "Bill" guy, but there were Dells all over the place. I think the play was called something like "Much Ado About Nothing". So, since my son was only in the first half, I considered the context, sat back, and fell asleep the second half. :)
X