Boycott California!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thetexan, May 18, 2010.

1. thetexan macrumors 6502a

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=00001-01000&file=833-851.90

California is a racist state, having such laws like that on the books. I'm going to email my local school district to ensure that all school trips to California are canceled, since we can't ensure the safety of students in California. I'm going to ask my city council to ban all official travel to California in protest.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

:rolleyes:

Please feel free to secede, Texan. You have my full support on that.

3. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Did you notice that the law specifically requires that the inquiry occur after a lawful arrest. Everyone arrested is booked, and their identity is confirmed. Fingerprints! If someone has no valid ID, and can not verify their identification, law enforcement is required to cooperate with INS, and to attempt to verify identification and whether the person is a legal alien.

Very different from a police officer pulling someone over on a pretextual stop, and then demanding papers because they look Mexican.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Please stop...
    • Eating our food.

• Drinking our wine.

• Smoking our dope.​

And please, please, don't travel to California and sullying our great state with your presence.

Tell all your Texas friends.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

You can keep your $40 Billion in debt as well.:p

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

If your not a legal citizen then you shouldnt be here at all, its pass time the states started doing something since the federal govt is so broken and bought off. Its about time, we are a nation with borders....though we could do as China and just shoot these people?

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Do you always choose to do the wrong thing simply because someone else is doing it?

I prefer to do the right thing, because it is the right thing to do.

8. Queso macrumors G4

I wonder what the Sioux or Navajo might think of such a statement.

9. catfish743 macrumors 6502

catfish743

Good luck finding a Native American to ask.

10. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

It's interesting how people, who could probably identify the difference between a MacBook and a MacBook Pro blind with one arm tied behind their back, can't discriminate between not-so subtle variations of immigration law.

11. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Right on brother! Anyone who is reasonably determined to be a non-Native American ought to be summarily shot. They have no business on American soil.

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Hey, great, a Seinfeld thread. (You know...it's about nothing.)

Gee, I was kinda hoping all us white/black/Hispanic/Asian/etc. folks could at least live on reservations..... :eek:

13. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Okay, how about this: every tenth person will be spared execution and sent to live in abject poverty on a "reservation."

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Last I heard it was all the way down to just 19 Billion. :)

Just.

15. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Well, here's one Tejano who thinks the OP is being silly. First off, all the law says is for the Staties to do like the Feds are obligated to do.

What's racist about the Border Patrol guys bust of a van load of illegal Polacks at the Sierra Blanca checkpoint on I-10?

How is a law which sez, "Check 'em all, Charley!" racist in any way, shape or form?

Funny-ironic: I had a kid today, working a couple of hours for me. That was after he got off from his full-time job. He's working evenings and weekends, trying to get the money together to get a visa for his mother to come over legally from Mexico. He and his wife are dual-citizenship. He's fighting the legal hassle, legally. Good guy. Honest and hard-working.

You want a Texas guy who'd appreciate that California law? Or the new Aridzony law? Just ask him...

16. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

You missed the point of OP's post.

17. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Oh my grits... it's now racist to identify people after an arrest and not believe the name they give you - that's news to me.

18. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

To be fair the OP also missed the point of the OP's post.

19. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Indeed. OP was, however, quite a successful troll!

20. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

LMAO. You think this would have to be some big joke right?

21. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Do you support the California law? And would you have less of a problem with the Arizona law if it was implemented so that all individuals cited for a traffic violation or who are determine to have committed a misdemeanor or felony crime, not just those who look Mexican, were asked to show identification papers?

22. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

As a Native American/American Indian, perhaps we should have just shot everyone with what we had..

But no. we were better than that. We offered you friendship and food. My tribe in particular got the Trail of Tears in return. How shallow of us... :rolleyes:

BL.

23. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I have a problem with those who decry Arizona's SB1070 as a racist law and I also have a problem with people who defend it because SB1070 has serious fundamental flaws and does not follow the Federal law, but rather uses it as a guide to make a piece of problematic legislation that will have significant legal consequences that will either A) create a mandated profiling system or B) allow cops such wide discretion that they will literally and figuratively be asking "papers please" like East German border guards.

It's a bad law. The kid who is working for you won't be helped by a law like SB1070, he'll still have the legal hassle, but now he'll have to explain his citizenship to every cop on the beat who decides he's got enough to warrant legal contact and a moment of your friend's time. And, at best, it will simply mean that those who are in Arizona illegal will avoid the local PD at any cost.
    It's a classic version of unintended consequences.

24. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Most states have cooperate with INS laws. I'm not sure about the "verify citizenship status" requirements post arrest; I don't think my state has it, as I have seen a lot of people released without checking their INS status.

Were they really "unintended" consequences?

25. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

People who claim those that want to reduce/eliminate illegal immigration are simply 'racist' are idiots unwilling to argue in the arena of ideas... who find it much easier to simply attack others and make baseless claims against their morality. Really sad. Seems the entire Democratic party is doing this to some extent lately. :(

Many states have laws to protect against illegal immigration... the federal government isn't enforcing it's own laws so states are forced to do it on their own. You can argue about implementation, but claiming racism is lazy and ignorant.