Boycott MyTravel.com

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by scotthayes, Nov 25, 2007.

1. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

2. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

That's a shame. I remember being able to go in the cockpit as a kid (especially while flying a lone) and see all the instruments and everything the pilots used. It was always fun and exciting! Very sad how far we have all fallen. Not being able to meet people at the gate is the worst.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Right, because what we need is more people running around our over crowded airports. :rolleyes:

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

if it was while they where in the air then yeah it was the wrong move. On the ground it should be more allowed. I think it is said that now we can no longer really get to see the inside of a cockpit because it is pretty cool looking. I still remember the one time I was allowed to see the inside while the plane was on the ground. I know I was very young at the time. I want to say like 6.

5. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

6. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I too remember visiting the flight deck in midair when I was quite young. That was also before airlines became too cheap to give wings to little kids. Most flight crews will still allow you to visit the flight deck after landing if they're not behind schedule, in a good mood, etc.

It's unfortunate that such an accomplished captain was fired but I am a little unclear as to whether he broke a law or simply company policy. We all know somebody who has gotten the axe for breaking some asinine "zero tolerance" policy at work.

7. scotthayes thread starter macrumors 68000

scotthayes

If it was a commercial flight I could understand it, but this was a private charter.

Sadly I have to agree with you...

He was sacked for breaking a company rule, will have to check if it's also against the CAA rules

8. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I want to say in the US it is federal law that no one is allowed in the cockpit during flight on any passengers airplane. Pretty much means a private charter like that would fall under that law.

I also going to assume laws over seas from the US are a lot like it so the pilot broke the law. If he did not break the law he broke company policy which I am going to assume is crystal clear punishment (termination) and crystal clear on the fact no passages in the cockpit.

Reason for the company policy could easy be because of insurance/legal reasons.

9. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

They have, thats entirely true. Totally ridiculous.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Won what? Not letting you meet the pilot? :rolleyes:

Air travel terrorism was a :)o) bomb waiting to go off. It's about time they plugged up the security risks.

11. scotthayes thread starter macrumors 68000

scotthayes

It was a private charter!

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Seriously though I think the excessive security at Airports can get annoying, but stopping the passengers into the cockpit is probably a good move as it doesn't hurt anyone really,

Spooks Spoiler
    Well unless the pilot is carrying Nuclear triggers to Iran as in Spooks, so he doesn't turn the plane back ;).

13. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Not the fact that you can't meet the pilot. The fact that everyone is so scared of another attack, there's so much security, people are losing their freedoms and being unnecessarily jailed. That's what the terrorists want, to cause terror.