Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
People will always complain about everything. Here I am complaining about complainers. But who cares. They can go back to their caves and not understand humor or where people are coming from.

Anyways, it should be hilarious. Borat was great.

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
The latest Bruno! He shows up at the MTV awards and lands arse-end on Eminem who promtly walks out! Hillarious

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8076898.stm

I saw that! Oh my goodness that was funny! I wonder if it was on accident or it was stagged. Either way, his body gaurds kicked and puncched the **** out of him. Eminem was saying "get this mother****** off of me!" They had to silence the show on tv for a good 20 seconds due to all the swearing.

If it was on accident, good aim ;)

kdum8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
I saw that! Oh my goodness that was funny! I wonder if it was on accident or it was stagged. Either way, his body gaurds kicked and pucnched the **** out of him. Eminem was saying "get this mother****** off of me!" They had to silence the show on tv for a good 20 seconds due to all the swearing.

If it was on accident, good aim ;)

it had to be planned. Especially as Eminem is known for his homophobic, prejudiced views. He couldn't have picked a better target. :)

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
I have always thought his Bruno character was best for a movie, even while watching Borat...

This will be hilarious and offensive :D

it had to be planned. Especially as Eminem is known for his homophobic, prejudiced views. He couldn't have picked a better target. :)

There was a similar scene in Borat with Pam Anderson...

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
It looks absolutely hilarious...particularly in the way it will expose American homophobes. The part with Ron Paul should be a riot. :D

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London

It appears so!

TheBrunoMovie.com said:
Three days after storming out of the MTV awards, Eminem admits to RapRadar that he was involved in the gag. After days of everyone wondering if he was in on it or not, he finally speaks out.

RR: Can you clear up the Bruno stunt at the MTV Awards? Was it staged or planned?
Eminem: Sacha called me when we were in Europe and he had an idea to do something outrageous at the Movie Awards. I’m a big fan of his work so I agreed to get involved with the gag.

If it wasn’t planned the way you agreed to, do you hold MTV or Sacha responsible and will you take any kind of action?
I’m thrilled that we pulled this off better than we rehearsed it. It had so many people going “nuts” so to speak. Everyone was blowing me up about it.

After you left the ceremony, where did you go?
After the ceremony I went back to my hotel and laughed uncontrollably for about 3 hours. Especially after I saw it on air.

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
I feel like I need to give Borat a second chance. It's not really my sort of humor, but maybe I need to relax a little (more). I think my problem with Borat was partly that I never saw the character as credible. That's not the point, I know... I'll check out Bruno. Maybe that will be a way to appreciate Borat.

From what I've heard Ron Paul was a good sport about it.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I think its both, and also incredibly stupid, just like Borat was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.