Brainstorming on the best way to organize photos

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by bakertime, May 11, 2011.

1. bakertime macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some help here with our iPad. We purchased it for use with our carpentry business with the intention of using it to display photos to our potential customers when we are making our sales pitch. We have made up standardized estimate forms and then have been adding photos into folders that correspond with each number on the forms. For example, on a railing estimate we might have:

1) Baluster Material:
    a) wood
    b) metal

On the iPad, we would like to have folders set up like:

Railings >
    Baluster Material >
    a)wood
    b)metal

So after spending lots of time sorting photos, after syncing them to the iPad I was very disappointed that it does not support the sub-sub folders, meaning that all our of "Railing" folder is thrown into one big mess of hundreds of pictures. Not very convenient for finding something quickly!

So I'm looking for ideas as to what might be the best app, or alternative method to do this. I'm not averse to spending money, I just don't want to go buying lots of apps (I already tried one and it didn't help). Ours is the Wi-Fi only model, so web albums are not an option for us. We just need to be able to organize the photos on the computer and have them show up the same way on the device.

Any ideas guys? Thanks for reading if you made it this far!

2. bakertime thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Brammy macrumors 65816

Instead of Photos, maybe an app like GoodReader that'll support folders within its structure would be good.