Brainwashing Children - Camp Jesus

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Cox Orange, May 6, 2015.

1. Cox Orange, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015

Cox Orange macrumors 68000

Probably this is already widely known and cold coffee, but I find it too important, to not again share this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy_u4U7-cn8

Edit: maybe this link works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NKr97ApROs
    Both are not my youtube accounts.

Edit: downloadlink https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvzdddhze...dren_ A Camp Jesus Documentary(2006).mp4?dl=0

Edit: explanation for all that judge by the title (added after the discussion went to page 4 under the presumption I was someone wanting to take people's rights of freedom of religion away and was anti-christianity.)
    - this is not about taking kids to church
    - this is not against raising people in a certain religion
    - I do have nothing against Christians

The video shows teaching children for a "christian" jihad (they actually say, they find what the muslims do is good and that christians should learn from them. They mean Islamists not Muslims btw.). They get paramilitary training, are taught in hate against people that differ from their interpretation of Christianity and all non-Christians. They also can hardly believe that black people can be Christians (for my taste this is racism).
    They base their Christianity on the old testament, yet they don't see that the old testament is just the history of what went before Jesus came and had completely different teachings than the old testament. I am not a Christian (not a member of any religion), but they ignore, that Jesus said "I make everything new", meaning that he pushes the "tilt" button and from then on it is "love your neighbour" and all sins are forgiven etc.. They ignore the teachings of the new testament and that it is all about live and let live and even reacting passive to aggressions from the outside. In fact they are not even threatened by aggressors, but act as if so. They tell children that they are born with sin and can only hope that they get rid of it, if they obey and even than (from their view) it is questionable if God/Jesus forgives them.
    My concerns are about them harming these kids and now you don't say "but Muslims do, too". This video is a perfect example of what lies in the beginnings, before a society turns into a fascist society and everyone afterwards says: how could that happen? (Yes, one of these camps won't hurt a democratic and stable society, e.g. like the US, but imagine, if they come bigger, if they then win official positions, while not showing their full intension and fascist believes. You wait one legislature and think these people will vanish with the next election, but in fact they will take the needed positions step by step silently. - btw. the video shows a small part of the political impacts as well).

Don't blame me for intolerance and being anti-christ or anti-freedom or anti-1st-amendment or anti-freedom-of-religion, if you don't know the video and think the title is just populism by a narrow minded leftist, wanting to bash and thick brush Christianity.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

meh, parents have a right to control the lives of their kids as they legally see fit.

4. Cox Orange, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015

Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

Interesting.

Does this one (posted by another youtuber) work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NKr97ApROs

Try to search "camp Jeusus" and find a documentary that is 1h and 24min. or 1h and 45 min.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

too much time, why don't you simply post your views on the matter instead of asking people to spend that much time on things?

6. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

How can you comment, when you did not see the video, or does it work for you?

----------

Because people won't believe it, if I just wrote it. Also my posts tend to get quite long and it is more pleasant for most people to watch something than read an overly long text by someone they already regard as having opinions that differ from their own.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

1.the title gave a glimpse as to your intentions.
    2. give it a crack, would you go watch a 1:25-1:45 documentary if I asked you too?

EDIT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Camp

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. However, people like the OP obviously see it different.

9. chown33 macrumors 604

You write it and provide a link backing up what you wrote. You can point to specific times if you need to back up specific points.

No post in PRSI has ever taken me an hour to read. Not even the ones with horrible spelling and grammar. I may give up, or not reply, but that often has more to do with the quality of the argument, or lack of it.

Not if they disagree strongly with it, or consider it to be worthless propaganda or horribly presented.

I'm not saying the video you linked to is propaganda or horribly presented, although it could be. I'm just pointing out that just because something is a video rather than written text doesn't necessarily make it "pleasant".

If someone declines to read a post because of opinion differences, why would you think they'd sit through an hour and a half of video? I don't know why anyone would do that.

If the points are well made and well based, a documentary can be engaging to those with different opinions. If it's garbage, it can be painful even if someone agrees with the principles espoused.

10. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

So if parents want their kids to join a radical sect of Islam, you'd support them?

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you can join the flying spaghetti clan & plan to rule over the world if you like. or go dance with snakes.
    your kids/ your problem , just don't break the law.

12. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

They are not teaching them about Jesus and Religion, they are training them to become holy warriors and say that their role model is muslim jihad and how they train their children.

While I admit that it is up to the parents how they educate their children etc., but according to your logic
    parents can abuse their children even sexually, if they come up with a reasoning.

Again this is not about telling children about Jesus, it is about teaching them to look down on other people and hate them. They are also taught to really live in fear.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

did you miss the LEGALLY part of the post? :rolleyes:

edit .
    its part of the quote

14. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

good arguments. I didn't mean, though, that a video is more true or something. It is just that if you watch the beginning and get caught by it, you will watch on and time will fly.

15. chown33 macrumors 604

In the USA, neither of those things are illegal.

It's not necessarily illegal for adults to do it to other adults, either. That is, tell them to look down on others, hate them, and to live in fear. If it were, then fringe "religious" groups like Aryan Nations, or "political" groups like the neo-Nazis, would be illegal. The fact they aren't should tell you that the First Amendment covers a lot of things many will consider abhorrent, which are nonetheless legal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_Nations
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_nazi#United_States

16. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

What they see legally!
    Is spreading for hate and calling for murder legal in the US? We all know, that those people will probably never kill someone, but it is still not good to talk about it all the time and say that they must be prepared for it once the time comes.

17. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

Do you have no law that makes it a crime, when you over and over repeat "people go and kill mr. xyz!"?

If it isn't for the legal part, don't you feel with the poor kids? This is actually my biggest concern.

Also I'd like to point out, I am not against religious groups, I am against misusing it and creating your own jihad army.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

please :rolleyes: makes no difference how THEY see it.

19. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

some people doing illegal things will of course say that it is legal from their perspective, even if there was a state law that prohibits it.

Secondly, even if there is no law against something, there are things that are not positive.

Thirdly is it so hard to imagine that something can be mental abuse?

But I am willing to accept that I was wrong in that respect, that I was intolerant towards those people in the video. But I will keep feeling pity for the children.

I'd agree different culture, different perception of things, different laws, doesn't allow me to be intolerant towards them. But sad it is still, what is done to the kids. Isn't it understandable or human, that I feel pity for the kids?

20. chown33, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015

chown33 macrumors 604

Is that a hypothetical question, or is there a place in the video where it shows the camp leaders actually telling kids to go and kill a specific person?

If it's a specific example in the video, then please point to where it is (time from start).

If it's a hypothetical, then you'll have to be more specific. Inciting to violence may be a crime; it depends on various factors. Without a more specific hypothetical, like what State it's in, no one could know which statute applies.

Kids don't always grow up the way the parents want, despite the best application of training.

You can tell this is so because of the number of kids in Catholic schools who turn away from the Church, or even come out as gay. And Catholic schools are just one example, other churches have their own private schools. I mainly mentioned Catholic schools because they probably have the largest number of private schools in the US. Lutherans and Anglicans also have schools, but Catholicism is easily the larger denomination in the US.

----------

Those people would simply be mistaken on the difference between legal and moral.

For example, the woman who filed in a Nebraska court against all homosexuals. The woman is profoundly mistaken about the role of that court. It has no jurisdiction to say what's a sin and what isn't (a moral decision), only what's legal and what isn't (a legal decision).

21. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

good manager over at Denny's

23. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

this video really shows that Christians can be as crazy as any other religious fundamentalists. How religion can be used to damage children when used wrong.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

SOME Christians, broad brushing all of them is just as wrong as implying all muslims are terrorist.

25. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Agree. I know plenty of people who are christians and muslims who are just normal people. no brainwashing. or maybe im just an android and they have programmed me to think they are normal.