Brand new 4S asking me for passwords of unknown AppleIDs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by croshtique, Jan 4, 2012.

1. croshtique macrumors 6502

Hi all,

Just setting up my shiny new iPhone 4S, and restoring it from a backup of my old 3GS via iCloud, which was working very smoothly (loving not having to plug it in to my Mac to get it going).

Howver, having entered my own Apple ID and password to get things going, now it's at the stage that it is re-downloading all my purchased apps onto the 4S, the phone popped up with a dialog box asking me to enter the Apple ID password of an unknown account (something @gmail.com). Odd - so I tapped 'cancel' - whereupon it asked me to enter the password of another account (something @yahoo.com). Tapped cancel again - same thing happened (something @ferrapan.com), and again and again about 10 times, mostly variants of mail, gmail - some spam, but others appear to be genuine personal email addresses?

Any idea what's going on?!

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I have to ask just to make it clear, not that I'm incriminating you in any way but: Are all of your Apps legitimate? The only way I see this happening is if your apps were acquired by a source outside of the App Store.

3. croshtique thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope- everything bought via the AppStore; never 'jailbroken' any iPhone or iPad . Very confused.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

This may also happen due to music and book files, if they were obtained elsewhere, or given to you by someone else that purchased them through iTunes.

5. croshtique thread starter macrumors 6502

No books - all music is 'in the cloud' on iTunes Match....