Brand new 9400m Mini's £398 - UK only

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Seychelles, Mar 5, 2010.

1. paulnotts macrumors newbie

Krcs

To let people know about returns to KRCS, Yesterday I purchased an Airport express, got home spent about five hours trying to get it to join my network, just could not get it to work tried everything, I have a bthomehub.

Looks like it will only work with apple base station, not BThome hub.

Anyway today took it back to KRCS, the man said he would charge me a re-stocking fee of 20% so I was glad it only cost £80,, and not £800,

So I offered to purchased an IPOD touch for £150 and pay the difference,
    I said, could he not charge a re-stocking ?
    he said he would still charge me 20% even if wanted a new IPOD Touch.

I only had the airport express for 20 hours it cost me £16 to return it and two 40mile trips. another £10 fuel,

I will in future be only shopping to the genuine Apple shops,,, not the secondary resellers,

I have always had good service with the Apple shop in Meadowhall sheffield
    don't think i will be ever going to the KRCS in doncaster again.

2. voyager03 macrumors member

It a cracking price though - there was an Apple Refurbished 2.0GHz (with 2GB memory 320GB hard drive) snapped up last Thursday for £439.

3. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

it is a cracking price absolute bargain considering the same 2.0 ghz minis sell used on ebay for £390 without warranty or apple care and less ram,

so you could buy one at krcs and sell it on ebay for at least £430 :) , you could even sell the install discs separate for another £60 ,take out half the ram and sell the ram separate for another £40 ,then go to the next apple store and buy a brandnew one :),

at least i know that there are buyers who pay every price as long as its under the official apple price for a new mini ,know it from a power seller who does just that , he buys the refurbished macs at apple or others , and sells them with a big profit on ebay and he said the demand is there , minis are a goldmine and sell for any price you put on there

sometimes i think people are crazy , they buy a used mini for up to £460 on ebay plus £20 shipping means £480 with no warranties whatsoever while they could get a brandnew one at the apple store for just £30 more ,or for less then ebay at other shops like krcs with full apple warranty and brandnew

4. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

5. voyager03 macrumors member

I think you mean they are not current.

6. archipellago macrumors 65816

ah... American!

sorry the correct use of the language confused you.! :p;):D

7. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

they are new, but early 2009 models

8. ssmed macrumors 6502

ssmed

Airport Express & BT HomeHub

The BT HomeHub can't be extended wirelessly using Apple products (either Express or Extreme), but can be used via Ethernet.

9. depulse macrumors member

Mediamarkt in Belgium sold recently a number of these early 2009 Minis for 400 Euros. It seems Apple have sold their leftover stock via alternative channels.

10. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

it says 'Exclusive online price' at the top....then at the bottom says OUT OF STOCK ONLINE.
    :rolleyes:

11. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

like i mentioned above ...you will find them on ebay over the next couple weeks for 400+
    or how you think ebay sellers get their new stock

and as long as people are stupid enough to pay £300+ for a USED mini which is 3 years old and near £400 for a USED mini which is 2 years old the profit margin stays high and the prices wont fall ,even the old G4 minis sell still for 200+, everybody wants a mini so the demand is high and the end 2009 minis are for the average user only a little faster but cost over £500 so they grab what they can get if its cheaper ..nowadays people have no lose money in their pockets and they know apple=quality =nothing will go wrong anyway, so why apple care and warranty and they press " buy it now"