Brand New Garmin App On Sale for $.99

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MICHAELSD, Jun 20, 2014.

1. MICHAELSD, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014

MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Looks exactly like the modernized version of a Garmin GPS I was looking for in an app. There are a lot of downfalls listed in the reviews on the store but design was majorly improved compared to the old app. May be cheaper to buy a Garmin depending on the IAP you need lol. Still, price is going up a dollar soon so might as well grab víago:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/garmin-viago/id853603997?mt=8

----------

First impressions: feels much more modern than other third-party GPS apps I've tried (many have awful voices & text to speech along with low res maps). Unlike the original, this is the full Garmin experience. Curious if it has speed limits. Apple Maps is prettier but Garmin could be useful to have as well.

EDIT: LOL... Nickel & dimes you. $29.99 IAP for just text to speech, natural directions, 3D buildings, and lane/speed limit warnings. $70 for full features for one country. LOL

2. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

Yeah, I was intrigued until I saw all the in-app purchase options. It's getting meh reviews, even at a buck and to get any of the reasonable features you'd want - suddenly it's a $20 app with meh reviews.

3. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I'm either going to wait for a cheaper IAP option or I might just buy a Garmin if I decide I want their GPS functionality.