Brand New iPhone 4S battery only 1392mAH.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xinweix, Feb 21, 2012.

1. xinweix macrumors newbie

I just opened my white iphone 4s and jailbroke it. I installed the "battery detective" and found out that the maximum capacity is only 1392mAH. The design capacity is 1430mAH and cycle count only 0 !!!
    I feel quite disappointed about apple production quality.

Does anyone have the same problem as mine?
    Thanks.

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

It IS possible that it is reporting the capcity in error. It is just an app.:rolleyes:

So quick to blame

3. SporkLover macrumors 6502

If the program is reporting accurate readings, then the actual capacity is 97% of what's advertised. Seems pretty close to me. And keep in mind, that Lithium Ion batteries begin to degrade immediately, whether or not you use them.

Besides, capacities are educated guesses any who..... generically 150 Watt hours of electricity from 1KG of material for Lithium Ion batteries.

4. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

Batteries are at their optimum level after few cycles. So I won't worry too much at those readings.. See the battery life in real life scenario. If u getting the usage as per specs..

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Disappointed!! It's a stupid app. And pretty close numbers at that. Move on... :confused:

6. xinweix thread starter macrumors newbie

The brand new 4s white lost almost 10% for staying the whole night!! Is it some kind of battery defect?

I got another 64GB black 4S (second hand), according to Battery Detective, it shows that the cycles are 24 but the remain capacity is only 1340mAH.

Is it normal case? I feel quite disappointed about Apple product, not mentioned the yellow tint screent I got previously.

----------

Besides, I turned off Siri by default but still got such disappointed stand by.

7. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Return it. Get a dumb phone. They don't do anything so they last for days on a charge. Problems gone.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Did you turn on and allow the iCloud backup to run? If so, how much did it back up?

9. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

why would you not plug it in overnight? i've never understood that.

10. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

where's this battery detective app? Is this a jailbreak thing?

11. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

The best Responce yet!! Seriously are you that anal. Wait don't answer that :eek: