iPhone 6(S)(+) Brand new iphone battery lost 8% battery health in a week

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by travis64, Oct 25, 2018.

1. travis64 macrumors 6502a

travis64

I first want to the Apple Store to get a new battery and they told me a water sensor went off in my phone and they cannot replace the battery .
    So I went to a third party store and got a brand new Apple battery installed for $60. One week later battery health one down to 92%.
    I went back to the store and ask for a new battery and they told me I had to send it to the other store and wait a couple days for it to be tested. They said it could be my chip causing the battery to drain faster .

Does this sound legit?

2. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

Nope.... bet you it wasn't a legit Apple battery.

3. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Apple don’t resell their components, so unless it was an AASP (unlikely if your original warranty claim was rejected for liquid damage), it wasn’t an official Apple battery.

4. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

3rd party batteries are hit or miss.. Apple genuine parts are only available through authorized Apple service providers and Apple unless it has been salvaged from another iPhone

5. travis64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

travis64

Ok but does it sound right that the chip can be killing the battery health?

6. trekkie604 macrumors 68000

trekkie604

sounds like you got ripped off with a non-oem battery.

7. zakarhino macrumors demi-god

zakarhino

So Apple outright refused to repair your device because the water sensor went off? Please clarify if you meant they refused to mend it under warranty/AppleCare or if they said there is no way they're ever gonna touch the thing again (regardless of how much money you offer to pay) because of the water sensor.

8. travis64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

travis64

Yea they wont touch it because they think it will shock them.
    Then they off to sell me 6s plus for 329 right away.all they care about is selling more phones.getting sick of apple but hate android idk

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

It is well known Apple will not repair devices that have been exposed to water. It requires the OOW fee. Has nothing to do with “selling more phones”.

10. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

On the other hand it's also known that unfortunately those sensors can go off even without exposure to water. I recall there being some provision in place to actually examine the device and components to actually confirm liquid exposure aside from the indicators, but I don't remember when that was around or even if that was in relation to Apple or more on the carrier side (like when going through Verizon, for example).

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

I have not heard of a single case of those sensors being inaccurately tripped post-class action lawsuit. Apple moved the sensors from the headphone jack and lightning port to inside the device, were they can’t be accidentally tripped by humidity.