Brand new MBP won't connect to wife :/

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by willyboy104, Dec 24, 2015.

1. willyboy104 macrumors newbie

Hi,

OK, so this sucks...just bought a new MBP for my girlfriend, was excited for her to enjoy the 'Apple experience' and well the wifi doesn't connect.

The MBP is the 2015 15" model (lower spec).

I don't really know what to do, as my MBP is connected to the Internet, my old MBP is also connected...just not the new one :/

Any help, would be awesome!

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

That's not where you're supposed to plug it in ;).

What router are you using? What security settings? Does the computer see the WiFi network at all?

3. willyboy104 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, sorry I meant wifi, honestly!

It's an IP Time router, weirdly I've just restarted her MBP and now it's connected to the wifi -_-

I am a little concerned, as it's a brand new MBP should I take it back to the shop or do you think it might of just been a glitch?

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

I'd chalk it up as a hiccup. If it starts becoming a recurrent issue it could be worth looking into.

5. navaira macrumors 68040

navaira

EXTREMELY difficult not to make a joke about connecting a Macbook to your wife... ;)

Which OS X have you got on there? I found that my system would very rarely have problems in Yosemite up till and including 10.10.4, then it got fixed in 10.10.5 and returned in 10.11.x (thanks Obama).

6. willyboy104 thread starter macrumors newbie

Currently using version 10.11.2.

I am using the exact same version on my MBP and it's fine.

Starting to worry that it may be a hardware issue and not just a software issue like I thought it was, as it returned today when I turned the wifi off and then back on.

7. MadDane macrumors 6502a

Do you have a different router you can try with? I have experienced similar problems with certain routers with my MBA. Usually a restart of the router helps for me.

8. Aneef macrumors regular

Aneef

It was just a software glitch IMO. Happened to me a few times too on my 15" Mid 2014 rMBP. Had to either restart my router/AP, or my Macbook to make it work. Nothing to worry about. Enjoy your machine.