Brand new Pro showing signs of screen wear and tear!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AppleMacTastic, Jun 24, 2015.

1. AppleMacTastic macrumors newbie

AppleMacTastic

Okay so I got myself a brand new MacBook Pro 13Inch 512GB on Thursday the 29th of May 2015 which cost me €2,049. Everything has been fantastic since I've got it. I mentioned in another thread on this forum (before I got my laptop) that I found out about a major issue people have noticed with their MacBook Pros, the screen problem with the anti-reflective wearing, causing terrible looking scratch marks on their screen which is all apparently Apples fault. I just found this out before I even purchased my laptop assuming it was an issue a small number of people had and was very aware that closing the lid top of the laptop / cleaning the screen could possibly cause some of the damage. Knowing all this and being very turned off by what I heard I still went out and got my new MacBook hoping these problems only happened in older models and this had since been fixed in the 2015 models. From the day I got my laptop knowing all this I have been EXTRA careful with it by keeping the paper sheet (that comes with the laptop) sitting in-between the keyboard and screen just to be safe but also being reluctant to even close the lid too much, unlike with my older MacBook as I always felt thats what I should be doing to keep it dust free etc, but with this I've only been closing it really when I'm completely done using it VERY gently with the paper between the screen and keyboard AND I literally haven't even TOUCHED the screen since I got it, thinking all this time I've been so overly cautious! But today LESS than a month of getting this laptop I was just about to turn it on to use it still being annoyingly careful as ever and I've just noticed that it ALREADY has marks at the side of the screen!!! I'm sick over this and feel so hard done by and stupid (for knowing this and going ahead and risking getting one anyway). I don't know what to do now as I do feel I have an argument as I've just gotten it, have the receipt and feel I can do something about it as its so new but then after reading this site http://www.staingate.org its making me think that nothing will be able to be done about it or if it does get fixed, which shockingly would cost me that it could just go and do it again over time! Anyone help me decide what to do next? Thanks

Heres Images I've uploaded of the problem...

Attached Files:

2. AppleMacTastic thread starter macrumors newbie

AppleMacTastic

Also even that scratch mark (you may see in first image) I have no idea how that got there and know it was nothing I've done

3. Kissmyne macrumors 6502

Kissmyne