Brea, CA - iPhone 4S @ Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by iPhone Addict, Oct 5, 2011.

1. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

Anyone else thinking of going to the Apple Store in Brea Mall to pick up one of these bad boys next week?

2. Applemack macrumors newbie

I'll be there. I was there for Iphone 4 launch it was crazy I wonder if it will be like that this time:D?

3. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

This was my original plan, but my brother had suggested going to a the Block in Orange or the Irvine Spectrum because the store is actually outside. It might be better than waiting by the entrance of Red Robin, which will be the first door open.

What time do you guys plan on getting there?

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

there is no apple store at the block in orange. fashion island in newport beach is also outdoor as well.

5. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

Thank you! I don't know how I was misinformed on that.

Would you choose Irvine or Newport? My brother goes to UCI, so I am thinking somewhere out there.

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i honestly believe that if you show up at any apple store around 5 in the morning, you'll be fine in getting an iphone that day. but i duno. for ipad 2, there were already 300 people waiting in line by the time i woke up. :eek:

7. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

Interesting! Well I think I'll just get there early and have a good time! Thanks for the help!

8. jeffyweffy macrumors newbie

I was just at Fashion Island the other day and I talked to a couple security guards there. As of now, people won't be allowed to camp out over night. They will start the line at 5am, which kinda worries me because I don't want to be fighting for a spot.

I've heard Brea mall does this as well. Can anyone confirm?

9. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

Brea isn't letting people in the mall till 6:30 am, but I talked to a mall rep and she said people will be lining up outside for sure. Even though it is technically not aloud, she said security usually doesn't say anything when Apple has a release like this. This is the first time Brea isn't allowing people to come into the mall and wait.

I think I'll go to the spectrum.

10. iPhone Addict thread starter macrumors 6502

11. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

I will be there around 8pm I believe. My brother and I are white, he's a lot taller than me with long hair and have short hair with a some facial scruff. If you see us, say what's up! We would love to meet other people who are just as excited as we are!

Best of luck to all!

12. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Im planning on showing up around 1am. I dont think I could handle going out there tonight and staying for close to 12 hours.

13. mactmaster macrumors 6502

I lined up there for the original iPhone launch. After that I pre-ordered the 3G, 3GS and 4 online. Right now I do not have an iPhone and did not preorder the 4S but I'm contemplating lining up tomorrow and getting back on an iPhone.

14. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Any updates on how it is looking at brea right now?

15. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Mall security telling us 5AM anyone at a nearby parking lot hanging out?

16. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

17. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

This is my closest Apple store, but security is lame so I usually go to Victoria Gardens - but apparently security is lame there as well.

18. nabechu macrumors 6502

Should come over here to the spectrum

19. iJustyn macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Got a sizable line here outside of the red robin entrance. Security is being weird about chairs. We're all just standin in the cold. Not too bad tho.

20. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

About 30th in line at the brea location. Line is not even long really. Finally they let us set up our chairs lol

21. LostTitan macrumors newbie

Any estimate on how long the line is? I pre-ordered but wife has decided that she needs one. :rolleyes:

22. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

I was 30th in line and when I walked out at about 8:05 with my phone the line wash no longer out the door. I'd say you have a good chance if you go soon

23. albert1028 macrumors 6502

UPDATE @ 1:47PM.

Was just at Brea Mall picking up Accessory and there were 4 people in line and lots of stock left.

Also, for those with ATT, I went to the ATT across the 57 (next store to Chick-Fil-A) and they had no lines and lots of stock left as well.

24. LostTitan macrumors newbie

Was there yesterday around 2pm and they didn't have any white models for AT&T. Not sure about black models or the other carriers. Line was only around 15 or so people.