Break-in, ‘threatening note’ at office of GOP senator considered swing vote in health-care bill

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jul 17, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-gop-senators-office/?utm_term=.683f954f4703

While not surprising - this is out of hand.

Police said a “threatening note” was found over the weekend after a break-in at the Las Vegas office of Sen. Dean Heller, a Republican who could be a critical swing vote on the GOP health-care bill.

Las Vegas police said officers responded to a call about a burglary alarm Saturday morning at Heller’s office in southwest Las Vegas. There, they discovered what they described in a statement as a “threatening note” addressed to Heller near the door to his office.

The Nevada Independent’s Jon Ralston reported that the note was related to the Senate’s upcoming vote on the GOP’s health-care bill:

A note taped to Sen. Dean Heller’s campaign office was from someone asserting that he would lose his health care if the key senator voted for the repeal bill and that he would die if that happened and would take Heller with him, a law enforcement source said.

2. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

Extremists are like children without parents. They will go to any lengths to get what they want, and force someone to do their will.

3. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I'm actually not surprised by this. The left has been getting more and more violent.

4. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

There is no indication this was someone from the left. But see how quickly your mind goes there. It could easily be (like some of my friends) a Republican who is benefiting from the ACA.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Funny how people become extreme when their lives or health are threatened.

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Well we see what happens on college campuses when someone coming to speak doesn't walk lock step with their narrow world view and then you have republican congressmen getting shot at baseball practice.

7. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Feel free to conflate the issue. How about we focus on this one for now. I hope they catch whoever did this.

8. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Oh dear god please, if this were a democratic office broken into with a threatening note you'd find a way to pin it on Trump. How we're in such hostile times and he's been fanning the flames that his "deplorables" are now becoming vigilantes.

Hell, I'm sure someone like Steve will come along and blame Trump for pushing people to the brink of doing such things, excusing the moron and his actions who did this.

9. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

You have no clue as to who's lives will be threatened and how. Obamacare "threatened lives", in the same way this bill is said to do so, and I didn't hear any lefties crying about it, or advocating for anyone on the right, who had worries of their health.

Prove to me this healthcare bill will kill the guy who wrote the letter. Prove to me it'll kill ANYONE. IT won't. The implementation of any bill will likely cause a lot of issues, but direct deaths are more than unlikely.

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Case in point!

11. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

No - given the article, I would post the same. Hoping that the individual was caught. And based on all the crap from the election cycle, I would think it's prudent to not rush to judge which "side" is causing the havoc.

12. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I think one thing people are over looking is that fact that the bill is so crap, it cannot afford one vote lost. Thus the delay because McCain needs surgery that would cost the very same people who won't be covered 76K.

13. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Oh yeah, you've been prudent. Every day you can't wait to post a new thread about Trump. Listen, I hate the guy just as much as the next person, but I'm not gonna sit here and BS you about being "prudent" when your distaste for the man and the right is as evident as the sky is blue.

14. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

My dislike for Trump has no bearing on an incident that has nothing to do with him. This isn't about Trump - not directly. If it was I would likely concede my views might be colored. This is about someone who clearly is being pushed over the edge enough to break into someone's office and threaten someone. That's a crime. I am responding to it as such.

15. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Whatever did those people do before the government saved them.:rolleyes:

16. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Many of them hated it when it was called Obamacare, because they were told to. Now that it is ACA, don't touch it!

17. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

So you believe it is indirectly about Trump, got it. That wasn't so hard was it?

18. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

It's in relation to the Healthcare bill. So yes. LOL but Trump specifically? No.

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It could very easily be someone on the left breaking in to a democratic office.

20. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

His usual comeback in situations like this is a statement about deflection/irrelevance/off topic/conflating, etc. His way of avoiding an argument on the merits, which he can't win.

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

they died?

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

In 1900 in the richest city in the richest country half the babies died in their first year, now even in the poorest most backward countries it is only a fraction of that, and for the vast majority of people a tiny fraction of that. Even in India it is under 5%.

23. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Over 20 million clues according to CBO reports.

Obamacare got people on health insurance and extended Medicaid protection. So other than being 180º wrong ... it's exactly the same thing. :rolleyes:

24. Zenithal macrumors 603

Going to sit and wait for Brad's impending post.

25. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You really do not want me to post about my wife again. You really do not.

BL.