Breaking: Bannon out of Trump admin!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Aug 18, 2017.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

2. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

3. samcraig macrumors P6

4. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

And another one gone, and another one gone. Another one bites the dust…

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

6. samcraig macrumors P6

Did he get fired mid-flights? Trump hasn't tweeted yet ;)

7. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Trump's just jealous that he took all the credits from his election success.

8. HEK Suspended

HEK

9. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

According to several news sources, he issued his resignation back on Aug. 7th.
    This would explain why he wasn't to worried about opening up to a reporter. He was already on his way out the door.

Either way, its good he's gone.

10. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I wasn't sure. Although when Trump said "we'll see" the other day, I thought that yeah maybe he would finally pull the plug, he also wasn't in NYC with Trump while everyone else was. That was a telling sign.

Probably was why Bannon was a loose cannon this week talking about no military solution on NK. I suspect he already knew he was out when he said it. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. Nothing to lose.

The question is, does he go back to Breitbart and start trashing the President? That site has been pretty critical lately. And does that turn alt-right supporters against Trump? Who do they side with, Bannon or Trump?

I guess this graphic can be retired now. One of my favorites. Posted one last time. Thanks for the memories. :D

IMG_4393.JPG

11. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

Wouldn't that be great?

It's strange to say about someone with whom I so categorically disagree, but at this moment I'm very relieved that Congress circled the wagons around Sessions (thus protecting Mueller).

It'll be interesting how the "alt. right" media plays with this even if Bannon's got low recognition outside of the kooks who are paying close attention.

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

13. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Yeah. Just a little drama. Nothing to see here. :rolleyes:

14. Zenithal macrumors 601

Golly gee willikers. Who knew this would happen. I for one am completely shocked.

15. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

Lol.
    The real question is: was this asked (=ordered) to Trump by Kelly?

16. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

The best thing about this is this begins the end of Trump’s presidency. Sure he’ll throw John Kelly under the bus but it won’t matter. He now looks weak to his kool-aid drinking base.

17. Zenithal macrumors 601

Honestly, though, I'm not surprised. I do wonder what the alt-right and Breitbart will do to the Trump Administration. Very little can shock me with this administration. I'd be more shocked if MadeTheSwitch's spouse turned out to be a Trump supporter. Now that would be an argument worth making popcorn over just to see the fallout.

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

How loose of a cannon is Bannon outside of the administration. He knows where all of the skeletons are.

19. samcraig macrumors P6

Being one himself

20. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

There’s a disappointingly high amount of yes men on this forum that would love to fill these gaps in Trump’s staff.

21. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah I still want to read those memoirs, that is if Bannon doesn't leak them one episode at a time to media outlets. Want to see what he claims HE leaked before anyone ELSE thought to leak it.

Of course John Kelly may have put a little voodoo in Bannon's covfefe on the way out of that meeting. Stuff like "save it until after this is all over, sayonara, stay safe out there, don't get captured, that's not us behind you out in the street, we got other fish to fry."

Guy should probably watch his back even though he's out of the WH now. I hope he's not a blackout drinker. He should probably try to remember whatever Kelly told him at their final meeting.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I think the real question is, when are you going to admit the trump administration is irrevocably broken?

23. Zenithal macrumors 601

I'm curious to see how hardcore supporters will react with Bannon out.

24. Scepticalscribe, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Script writers of a series telling the story of these months and this administration in the future won't have to play with nuance, or extended time-lines or the need to "sex it up" - just write it as it happened, and the audience of the future will watch, slack-jawed, wondering whether such things really did happen in a modern - err - democracy.

Seriously, though, Mr Bannon's days have been numbered for a while; rumours had suggested that the Golden Couple disliked him and wanted him out; I daresay Mr Kelly does - or did - too. And that recent - apparently unguarded - does Steve Bannon do "unguarded"? - interview certainly signalled to me that this was a man already exiting, or exited.

What an extraordinary administration.

Well, nobody can accuse it of dullness: Drama, yes, incompetence, yes, poor judgment, yes, unpredictability, yes, but dullness, and boring administrative competence, basic manners and sound judgment, no.