BREAKING: Devin Nunes Under House Ethics Investigation - Steps down from Russia investigation

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Apr 6, 2017.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Wow....the circus continues! This is getting crazy. As if there wasn't enough investigations to keep up on!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...tion-of-devin-nunes-for-spilling-secrets.html

I find it interesting that he would say that this is politically motivated when the House ethics committe is bipartisan.

2. HEK Suspended

HEK

This gets better and better. Pass the butter for the popcorn.

You can't write a fiction novel like this because no one would believe it could happen.

Still awaiting for my great job. Health care still in the *******, chunk of bridge fell on my car yesterday as I passed under it.

Only good thing is congress gonna take two week vacation. Two weeks where more damage won't be done. (Consumer protections dismantled, internet tracking sold off, environmental protections reduceded) yup they need vacation all right.

They should join The Donald in Florida, fill up his hotel, make it great again. Yeah he is taking the weekend off again. More golf needed.

3. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

This thread is under investigation by Trump supporters who will enact the “[insert former administration here] did it first/too” defense.

4. HEK Suspended

HEK

Well in a way it is Obama's fault. If he would have made executive order allowing third term, he could still be president.

5. AsherN macrumors 6502

Hosting China's Xi, who hates golf. So you want a few days of privacy with Xi, you can invite him for a weekend at Camp David, which has hosted world leaders and is the site of some historic negotiations, or take the guy qho hates golf to your private golf resort. smh.

6. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

First, these resignations are getting crazy. These people either need to stand their ground or get their s--- together.

Second, if he really is under investigation for "for allegedly disclosing intelligence without proper authorization" doesn't that validate his claims?

Third, can information be so classified that the president can't see it?

7. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Given that whatever enters this President's ears finds its way onto Twitter a few minutes later, I'd certainly hope so.

8. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

If that information includes an investigation into him or his people, sure.

9. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I find it interesting that the chant of "Lock him up" hasn't been heard in the halls of congress...

10. HEK Suspended

HEK

Nunez doesn't work for the president. He works for the people, you know those he should be representing. That is where his allegiance should be, and to the committee. He had no business talking to the person he is investigating, on his own, and on the sly.

11. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Trump has a daily meeting where staffers rapid fire scenarios at him and he has to quickly respond by either blaming somebody else or deflecting with a completely unrelated and unsubstantiated conspiracy theory. It keeps him sharp.

12. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Oh yes...it's the resignations that are the problem. :rolleyes:

13. HEK Suspended

HEK

Yes but the so-called president can't understand why his poll numbers keep dropping. It's almost like people are beginning to see him for what he really is. Even as he keeps telling them how great he is, and how big he won. Strange how that line is getting less and less effective.

It's almost like people are holding him to what his said. Strange how that works. "Hey, Invanka what's going on?"

Never mind I think I need to go to Florida. I'll take that Chinese guy with me, he can watch me golf.

14. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Classified information cannot be withheld from the executive based only on classification.

All classification starts at the president.

15. PracticalMac, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

FINALLY!

It is so OBVIOUS he had to step down.

(WH briefs Nunez, who then goes to WH, not his committee(!!), and present "new info" WTH???)

16. HEK Suspended

HEK

No it doesn't. Classification starts at and with the gathering agency. CIA, NSA, DoD, etc.

The president is a cog in the wheel. Stop trying to make the office into kingship or Emporer. The founding fathers had enough with King George, why they created government with three co-equal branches.

17. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

An agency cannot classify information unless the executive delegates that privilege. The executive is the OCA.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2010-title3-vol1/pdf/CFR-2010-title3-vol1-eo13526.pdf

But yeah make up whatever you want.

18. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Perhaps we could have a sensible, adult conversation about this without all of the sarcasm. I did not say they are THE problem. I did suggest that they are A problem though.
    Whatever the reason, when a person a week is forced to resign that is bad. It's either bad because they are behaving badly or it's bad because they are behaving "normally" by Washington standards but cave to the pressure from the other side.

19. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Maybe this will teach Trump to keep his booger hooks off of Twitter. Somehow, I doubt that is possible.

20. HEK, Apr 6, 2017

HEK Suspended

HEK

Once that delegation is made. It becomes the responsibility of that agency. President does not get to play fast and loose. If and until the president issues a new executive order, he is as bound by it as everyone else.

Thea's how the other branche's of government come into play. Like the recent travel ban executive orders, being challenged for there constitutionality by the judicial branch of government.

President does not get to work in a vacuum. Well most don't, still reserve judgement on this one.

21. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Just behaving badly. I don't think there has been anything normal since Trump glided down the escalator. And the chaos has only gotten worse as time has gone by.

22. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

I think your title is not quite right. Reports are not that Nunes is stepping down as Chair, rather he's stepping aside from the Russia investigation. He's staying as Chair, but Conaway and Gowdy are going to head up the Russia investigation.

23. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

It would bomb as a piece of fiction, it would be too stupid and boring.

Bridge hit car,
    Serious?? (post pic)

24. MadeTheSwitch, Apr 6, 2017

MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ah okay...thanks. I will make the correction. Although that was what the story said at the time and it seems like they have made a correction too (without noting it....great journalism DB :rolleyes:). I think this colors everything he does and perhaps he SHOULD step down period.

25. HEK Suspended

HEK

He won't stop tweeting, he can't. They took his phone away from him for a few hours, cried like a wining baby till they gave it back.