Breaking down the cost of LTE plan if you upgrade watch every release

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bizzy045, Sep 22, 2017.

1. bizzy045 macrumors 6502

bizzy045

So everyone keeps complaining about the cost of the LTE plan. I upgrade my watch every year or whenever they release one. I have AT&T and all other carriers as well in the US are giving 3 months free and waiving the activation fee. I am essentially paying for 9 months or $90. The cost of the LTE watch is $70 more, but in my case I wanted SS, and I had no option to get one without LTE.

Essentially I am paying $90 more overall having the plan on a SS watch to have cellular for a year. When the next watch comes out, I can decide at that time, if I want to continue LTE on that one or not. For $90 I think it's a pretty great deal to have cellular for a full year. Anyways to each their own, but I am a happy customer.

2. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

Don’t you have to buy from them to get the discount ?

3. bizzy045 thread starter macrumors 6502

bizzy045

No I bought mine from apple. The discount showed up on it's own when setting up the cellular plan.

4. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

Are you implying that there will be 3 months free every upgrade cycle? Because I'm confident that's a one time deal.

5. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

I hope T-Mobile is
    because of the title I was thinking that he was implying it also but after reading the text I understood he is just happy about the discount this time around.

6. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

T mobile offered free 3 months also when I was setting it up. I am pleased..