BREAKING NEWS: Cliven Bundy Arrested!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by APlotdevice, Feb 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Source: http://www.kgw.com/news/local/eastern-oregon/cliven-bundy-booked-in-multnomah-county-jail/39806821

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

He should be arrested for being named Cliven. What the hell kind of name is that?

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Good to see him arrested, and I don't feel sorry for him one bit.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If it does arrest them too. And if they try to fight the police send the off to their 72 virgins.

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

Just leave Al Bundy alone and I'll be happy.

7. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

All the Bundy's are now in jail.

The FBI "moved in" on what remains of the Redneck Mafia.

Are they still holed up in Malheur National Wildlife Refuge? I can't tell from the coverage.

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

Saved!

... By Sons of Anarchy.

10. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I sympathize with you message (that these people need to be arrested) but I find it more than just a little disturbing how bloodthirsty you seem to be when talking about this topic.

11. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Bundy is facing a 32-page list of charges.

The most serious relate to Bundy essentially raising a private army and threatening law enforcement officers at gunpoint. However, there are more than enough other charges in there to put him in prison for quite a while.

12. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Fair enough comment.

What I find interesting is that the arrest warrant wasn't from him crossing the FBI lines to get to the group of people at the reserve..

The arrest warrants comes from Las Vegas (branch of the FBI) for his acts on the BLM lands near Mesquite. If he honestly thought that he was going to walk freely from what he and his lot did back then, then he's a bigger fool than we all already thought he was.

BL.

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Seriously this country is a lot dumber than I had imagined was possible.

AndWhatIsOregonAnyway.jpg

14. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

When the FBI backed down during the 2014 standoff, it became obvious to me that they were taking a long view of the situation. Cliven Bundy was likely to eventually expose himself to arrest, it was simply a matter of time - unless he chose to hunker down in his ranch for the rest of his life.

The FBI simply bided their time, and Bundy eventually obliged by publicly announcing he was going to drive out to the Malheur standoff.

It should be obvious by now that the Bundys and their followers are some combination of violent, dim-witted, prone to massive errors of judgement or - as in the case of David Fry - psychologically unwell.

15. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Agreed. And you can definitely say that this was a great example of "lessons learned" after Ruby Ridge and Waco.

BL.

16. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

The negotiations with Fry were not helped by the presence of the crazies such in contact with him on the live feed. Gavin Seim, KrissAnne Hall and Michele Fiore all managed to insert themselves into a delicate situation and at times clearly worked against the efforts of the FBI to wrap things up peacefully.

17. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

breaking news it took way too long. but finally it is done. going to be hard to protect his cattle now. the IRS will finally have its due.

18. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I really wouldn't like to see them get killed, but if you choose to pick up a weapon against the police I have no sympathy for you if you get shot. Ruby Ridge and Waco were bad PR, but they at least kept anything similar from happening for a long time. Here we let them off of the hook in 2014 and now we have to deal with it again and finish cleaning up things from that mess.

19. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

They're Muslims?

20. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

American Taliban.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 12, 2016 ---
    The patriarch of the Redneck Mafia continues to depend on actual tax-payers to be able to function in his life.

Cliven Bundy seeks court-appointed attorney

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Careful here; John Walker Lindh may sue from his cell for prior art/use.

Now this... is irony.

BL.

22. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

This is nothing, you should read some of the comments justifying cops killing unarmed black people.

That being said, I agree it's disturbing regardless of what side one is on. While I didn't agree with their cause here, I thought it was sad that Floyd Finicum forced their hand like that, nobody needed to die and nobody wins in these situations.

23. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

“If he’s released and goes back to his ranch, that’s likely the last the court will see of him,” judge Janice Stewart said, finding Bundy a danger to the community and a flight risk. She said that despite his lack of a criminal history, his refusal to pay grazing fees going back nearly two decades and his fomenting of the armed standoff made it clear that Bundy has little interest in complying with federal court orders. [Link]