Breaking News: Donald Trump encourages Russia to Hack State Department E-Mails

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vrDrew, Jul 27, 2016.

1. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Donald Trump, at a news conference today, explicitly requested that Russia hack and release US State Department communications.

This is a new low for Donald Trump. A depth of depravity that I thought even he was incapable of reaching.

Essentially asking for a foreign government to deliberately compromise US national security for his own political ends.

2. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

It's only been four years since the Democrats roundly mocked Mitt Romney when he said, "Russia is our #1 geopolitical foe."

Now that their candidate is floundering in the polls and on her way to a humiliating defeat, the same Democrats want to make the Russians an existential threat to our democracy.

The Hillary fan complaining about Trump compromising national security: priceless.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

And the American people are again played into the long con of our next war with Russia opening on the Syrian front.

You'd think people would see propaganda for what it is, but unfortunately there is nuance to this so there is no hope that honest reporting will be done on it from the main source of news for most Americans.

5. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

Do you think it would be better if Donald Trump had asked Britain's GQHQ to compromise US National Security on his behalf?

It would be treason either way.

6. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

And this is the guy the GOP wants to be in charge of national security? Good grief.

7. zin macrumors 6502

How would it compromise national security?

Hillary told us they were all personal emails.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You can't call petulant blustering and pandering for what it is? You really think that this call from Trump is going to effect whatever Russian intelligence has been doing anyway? Of course they are looking into the emails, along with literally every other intelligence agency (friend or foe) on the planet.

Keep getting sucked into a propaganda campaign, I'll await your outcry when an "incident" in Syria occurs in 2017 in our no fly zone....the same mechanism that has been used for escalating warfare for decades now, is used to initiate aggression in "retaliation" against Russia.

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Probably has photos of Hillary wearing yoga pants. That's prime blackmail material right there.

10. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Then why is anyone concerned about them? :cool:

11. Gjwilly, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016

Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I know....
    Doesn't he realize that you don't get that kind of foreign cooperation without a bribe first?
    Whoops. I meant campaign contribution.
    Sorry, I meant donation to his family's charity.

This guy is so on the JV team.

12. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

The results of the investigation were that 104 emails were deemed containing classified information, certainly a compromising move on her part, but was deemed not criminal (for whatever reason you subscribe to). The DNC hack also has revealed that the weakest link in the security chain is once again a PEBKAC problem, with users unaware of the risk and weaknesses ... just as I suspect Hillary Clinton has learnt now.

As for Donald, he did actually encourage a felony crime, but since he didn't say he'd directly pay himself he did not openly commission the crime.

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It used to be that you just hired burglars to break into the opposition's offices. Now he is outsourcing even those jobs to foreigners.

Nixon was forced to resign over a similar issue, we shouldn't let Trump be president in the first place. Lock him up.

14. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

At the very least, Donald Trump has just explicitly solicited the commission of felony cybercrime against the United States.

15. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Hack State Department emails. You mean the ones that were not on a DoS system, or any .gov system? I am no fan of Trump, but I find it funny that people have said the emails were nothing serious.

Nothing but yoga appointments and pics of her loving husband Willy. lol

16. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Arguably, you've got a point on this one.

17. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Desperation is hilarious, you wear it well.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

it's called "sarcasm".

19. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

I think you are missing the point.

It would be illegal if Russian agents pulled the mail-order catalogs and utility bills out of your mailbox. The information doesn't have to be classified or Government secrets of any sort.

Donald Trump just asked a foreign government or its agents to commit felonies.

20. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Nope. I haven't missed anything.

21. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

What's next for Donald Trump? Going on Fox News and asking ISIS to attack the United States - just to demonstrate Obama's weakness?

I honestly cannot believe that some of the people in this discussion are seriously rationalizing or excusing Trump's behavior. Not just rationalizing. Cheering it on.

The only bright note is that Donald Trump has managed to make Sarah Palin look like a beacon of good judgement and ethical decency in comparison.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

lmmfao, you guys have every excuse under the sun for Hillary, you are just getting what you dish out.

23. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Pods! They're already here! You're next!

[​IMG]

24. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

When Trump said he could shoot people on 5th ave and people would still support him, .....by judging the comments in this thread, sadly Trump was right.

25. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

What is your excuse for Donald Trump?

The fact of the matter is I doubt, seriously, that Russia has the so-called missing e-mails. And even if they did, they almost contain nothing very interesting or incriminating. The FBI just spent the best part of a year searching and didn't find anything. The US Congress spent four years investigating, and the Republicans couldn't come up with anything. And trust me, they had a much better shot at finding something than Russian hackers would have done.