Breaking NEWS ! GOOGLE Files to block shipments of the iphone over 3G patents........

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PacificBeach, Jun 25, 2012.

1. AR999 macrumors regular

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Just another round of Patent hockey. Nothing to see here, move on.

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

FTA:
    I don't see Apple having any problems here. Worst case scenario, Google will be forced to license the patents for a very low price and the world will continue as usual.

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

So I see google isn't abusing that patent portfolio it purchased.

Who cares about FRAND anyway. Google certainly doesn't.

And people wonder why I dislike google so much.

5. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Google is stupid. Motorola already tried to sue over FRAND and lost. Sounds like they are trying it again in the USA, right after the FTC said they were against FRAND litigation...

6. Glideslope Suspended

Glideslope

No, Google is scared, and becoming more desperate by the week. :)

7. cynics macrumors G3

Google said they'd like to stop the random lawsuits and such when they were purchasing Motorola mobility. Didn't stop Apple, they were given a chance for some peace and basically said screw it. What did you expect Google to sit there and watch the manufactures that use their OS get sued while they sit on a massive patent portfolio?

There is a lot of reasons to not like Google but Apple is the company that sues and blocks other manufactures. They just tried to block the S3 for the same reason they tried to block the Nexus, surprise it didn't work!

----------

Like I said in my previous post Apple tried to block the S3 for the same reasons as the Nexus. I do agree its a little confusing when its not Apple suing or trying to block someone else and repeatedly failing at it.

8. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

lol apple gets a taste of their own medicine... It couldn't happen to a better group of guys and gals...:cool:

9. irDigital0l Guest

Not gonna happen...

10. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Read the fine print in the article please:

UPDATE: Bloomberg is theorizing that due to a review of a previous ruling, Apple could face a ban on importing iPhones and iPads, but Google is not filing an injunction at this time.

In other words, Bloomberg totally made this crap up due to a slow news day. Its "pre-mighta-could-be-news" or in the words of my grandfather, "Bullcrap."

11. Jb07 macrumors 6502

Apple's finally getting a taste of their own medicine, aren't they? :rolleyes:
    While I doubt Google will win, it's about time they fire back against Apple's silly patent lawsuits that have no grounds and have yet to do anything successful. They try so hard to block all competition, it's ridiculous.

12. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Yeah, no they're not.

13. Stuntman06 macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

It's sad that Apple, Google and others are spending their resources on these lawsuits instead of spending them on making better products. It's just getting to the point where companies will be making products designed to not get sued rather than products that are better for the end user.

14. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

They've all been doing it to each other for several years. Let's not pretend one is better or worse than the other. It's global corporate grandstanding.

15. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

When has Apple ever sued over a FRAND patent?

16. Jb07 macrumors 6502

They just sued HTC over FRAND patents.
    But I'm referring to Google trying to block shipments of the iPhone and iPad, just as Apple has tried to block shipments of the One X and SGS3.

17. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

I believe Technarchy meant, When has Apple ever BEEN sued over a FRAND patent?

Yes, Apple is often very quick to sue others in regards to them as well as suing others for using what they consider their IP.

18. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Apple sued HTC not over FRAND patents, but over HTC's attempts to abuse patents that should be FRAND licensed.

19. Jb07 macrumors 6502

Oh, whoops. :eek:
    I read his original post wrong.

And in reply to nooaah, I realize that most companies are abusing or have abused at some point, patent claims. Apple has just been really bad lately.

20. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

See the Galaxy S3. I completely agree way to much money is spent fattening the wallets of lawyers instead of making better products.

21. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Apple has an obligation to protect its IP. They are not "really bad" lately. Failure to defend your IP can result in losing the IP, being sued by the stockholders and FTC investigations. Plus Apple does not sue over FRAND.

Google suing over FRAND after already being smacked down by the ITC is just tacky, anti competitive and stinks of extortion.

22. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

I do not think that Google has any chance to win!

23. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

This is why I stopped visiting BGR. It uses misleading headlines just to generate hits and the story turns out to be different. :rolleyes: