Breaking: Pelosi to announce formal impeachment inquiry of Trump

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
....wait...are you telling me that the impeachment countdown thread now actually has a countdown? That in and of itself is exciting!!! (And to think, it only took 2 and a half years to START the countdown!) It's a Festivus miracle!!!

Reactions: Sikh and ucfgrad93

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Right - and Warren is going to bankrupt the economy, and Hillary is still going to run for President. Your posts are now parodies of themselves.
your tds is showing............
anyways
Trump says he will release a transcript of call with Ukraine president

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
anyways
Yeah - so what? The call transcript itself isn't the issue - go look at the other thread where there's a long discussion going on.

I have no TDS. That's more projection from you. I have already said I would prefer no impeaching and for him to lose 2020 and then be prosecuted for his crimes. How is that TDS? oh right, it's not. But sure is convenient to throw that around LOL

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
anyways
But will they release the actual whistleblower report?

that's the point here. Not Ukraine. The fact that the WHite house has illegally directed the DoJ to pressure the DNI to not release to congress a whistle blower report that was deemed by the DNI itself as "Credible" and "Urgent Concern".

It's an absolute violation of law.

And you're accusing others of TDS..... I don't know if you'r ejust throwing that around ironically in some jest or you're really using that unironically. Which is even more hilarious for you.

ericgtr12

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2015
At some point we have to move past the politics and do the right thing here, Dems know the risks but what are they supposed to do, just not do their jobs of oversight on a President who's been breaking the law since he took office?

Pelosi held out until the time was right, now is that time. Run the inquiry, get the facts out and let the chips fall where they may. In the end House Dems are just doing their jobs.

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles
Just remember - that line of thought is what led to Clinton losing to Trump. Keep that over-confidence. You may be right. Although, for the sake of this country, I hope not.
Oh I would never forget watching the tears poured from many when Trump took the presidency. Now, we can go even further back and take a look on how Bill Clinton’s impeachment went after the fact

beaker7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2009
I find all the hot takes about this sealing a Trump win in 2020 as pretty humorous considering that history provides no basis for that expectation.

Clinton was impeached during his second term, got acquitted, and did not seek office due to term limits.

Johnson was impeached during his first term, got acquitted, and then didn't even get the nomination for a second term.

linuxcooldude

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2010
But will they release the actual whistleblower report?

that's the point here. Not Ukraine. The fact that the WHite house has illegally directed the DoJ to pressure the DNI to not release to congress a whistle blower report that was deemed by the DNI itself as "Credible" and "Urgent Concern".

It's an absolute violation of law.

And you're accusing others of TDS..... I don't know if you'r ejust throwing that around ironically in some jest or you're really using that unironically. Which is even more hilarious for you.
Before we go there, I heard the DOJ blocked it initially. So is it DOJ or the White House? Just heard on Fox News as im typing its the DOJ.