Breaking rumor: Still a 3.5" display for the iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FrankHahn, Sep 3, 2012.

1. FrankHahn, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012

FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

As posted at http://tech.163.com/12/0904/07/8AHT1B6L00094MOK.html, the display on the next-generation iPhone will be still of size 3.5".

Translation:

News on September 4. According to an insider, the mass production of iPhone 5 was already started this week. The insider revealed that the form factor of the iPhone 5 is basically the same as the iPhone 4s, just a little thinner than the iPhone 4s. As rumored on the internet, the iPhone 5 supports 4G LTE and the 3.5 mm earphone jack is at the bottom of the phone body. In contrary to the rumor on the internet, the size of the iPhone 5 remains to be 3.5 inches.

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

It would mindf/ck everyone if it's still the same screen

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I haven't bought into any of the rumors for this reason, let's wait until Apple makes it official.

5. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I would laugh so hard and also cry if the next iPhone still had a 3.5" screen.

6. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

I am not a fan of the idea of just making the iPhone taller, would have liked it both wider and taller. But it at least is something. If what the OP says is true and they keep the same screen size it will be a massive disappointment imo.

I won't be getting it either way, I am more interested in the Android side these days.

7. esploded macrumors regular

I'd regret my decision to sell my 4S early, and probably go for a galaxy III or something. I really want a bigger phone.

8. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

If this is real, I am still going to get the phone because my iPhone 4 isn't holding up very well :(. Though I am still hoping that they up the screen size just a bit (so I can see more in an email while I am typing it, so yes, taller would work for me perfectly)....and so I can get the latest and greatest when it comes to Siri, and cameras.

I would be disappointed, but the world really won't end, as I am happy to get 4G and a faster processor out of this whole ordeal.

Let's see what Apple will come out with.

9. iRCL macrumors 6502

I think 3.5 would be fine

Why is it, that as time moves on, the size of the screen/device must increase? If the iPhone 5 is 4" fine, if it's not, fine. The 'disease of more' certainly showing itself..

Should we be disappointed if the next iMac isn't 30"?

10. kannesss macrumors 6502a

Only a few weeks away. I guess we will see soon.

11. jeremiah256 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah256

Google Translate

Threw the page in Google translate. Love this part:

Dumbo Network reporter learned from informed sources, iPhone5 indeed, as Jimmy said: iPhone5 will become longer, thinner, headphone jack at the bottom instead. But not a 4-inch screen, but such iPhone4s 3.5-inch screen.

LOL!

12. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I'd be happy to see no change in display size. Then perhaps Apple would experience a drop in sales. That's the only way to get them to wake up & innovate.

Otherwise, as long as they can sell warmed over models they will. The profit is mind boggling when they use the same old design over & over.

13. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

New iPhone mini , only a shuffle button to text and call random contacts!

14. CH34P3T macrumors regular

If it's gonna be the same size, which I hope it isn't, I'm buying an S3.

15. julietcc macrumors member

16. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I have yet to buy into the rumors. I'm waiting for an OFFICIAL announcement.

17. irDigital0l Guest

September 4 news, according to informed sources, was this week iPhone5 production. The source said that the iPhone5 appearance the iPhone 4s consistent, just slightly thinner than the iPhone 4s broke the news, and online support 4G LTE, and 3.5mm headphone jack is located in the bottom of the fuselage. Odds with network transmission, the iPhone 5, the size is still 3.5 inches.

For iPhone5 that is currently circulating, speculation focused on whether the appearance will become a long, whether the material with liquid metal, the screen is bigger, whether quad-core processors.

September 1st, Taiwanese artist Jimmy microblogging claimed that they got the iPhone5 real machine: "Today confirmed the iPhone5 will indeed become longer, and uses the same aluminum alloy and iPad , as well as a result of the introduction of the 4-inch screen thinner, but I think almost feel, but the headphone jack at the bottom instead. connector, iPhone5 will no longer be using the standard 30pin connector, switch to smaller 19pin connector.

Dumbo Network reporter learned from informed sources, iPhone5 indeed, as Jimmy said: iPhone5 will become longer, thinner, headphone jack at the bottom instead. But not a 4-inch screen, but such iPhone4s 3.5-inch screen.

For the the network transmission iPhone5 will support 4GLTE function the Informed sources also affirmed.

Apple 's strict secrecy, enthusiasts know almost nothing about Apple's new product information, which also led to rumors flying situation. But more importantly, after the death of Steve Jobs, Apple could continue innovative gene is to put a question mark. Insiders said that if the iPhone5 not revolutionary breakthrough could mean that Apple To decline.

18. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

This.

Breaking news on APRIL 4! HA! It's September. Nice Try.

19. leoneedees macrumors member

As much as I would like to get the new iphone as my first ever Iphone I'm in the same boat. I can't stand another 3.5in screen. My droid incredible at 3.7 is tiny enough.

20. FrankHahn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Corrected! My mistake! Thanks a lot!

21. ancns macrumors member

22. ARSC macrumors 6502

I have to agree here, i am not gonna buy another 3.5" device.

We have to wait and watch.

23. FrankHahn thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was really news on September 4! I mistyped, possibly because I also put the 4th day as the month when I did the translation! Blame that on me, not on the news!

24. Superbbrr macrumors member

I'm done with iPhones. My next phone is going to be a Galaxy Note 2. :D