Breaking: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Hospitalized with Fractured Ribs after Fall [Merged]

s2mikey

macrumors 68020
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Wish her the best.

If President Trump gets to replace Justice Ginsburg and if there's a potential Thomas retirement, that would mean he would own half the Supreme Court.
Sorry but shes been on auto-pilot for like 10+ years now. Shes way past her sell-by date. We need some fresh blood in the Supreme Court. I dont want to see her die but thats the ojnly way to get her out and shes lived a long, very comfy life so the world doesnt owe her anything.

Just saying.

Reactions: Ruskes

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Sorry but shes been on auto-pilot for like 10+ years now. Shes way past her sell-by date. We need some fresh blood in the Supreme Court. I dont want to see her die but thats the ojnly way to get her out and shes lived a long, very comfy life so the world doesnt owe her anything.

Just saying.
Just saying... This is a disgusting post.

mtneer

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2012
I don't believe it will be as apocalyptic as people tend to believe, even if we wake up someday to a Justice Coulter or a Justice LaPierre.

DakotaGuy

macrumors 68040
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
When it comes to reminding people about who gets to nominate for the Supreme Court the Republicans are very good at using this as a reason to vote for someone. It's one of the reasons Trump won. When you consider her age I'd think it should be a huge reason for Democrats to get out in masses and vote in 2020. I believe Breyer is also around 80 years old.

RichardMZhlubb

Contributor
Nov 26, 2010
Washington, DC

Just saying.
How many of her majority options or dissents have you read? How many oral arguments have you listened to? I’m just curious how you are able to opine that she’s on “auto pilot” when she’s been as active on important court matters as ever these last ten years.

Strider64

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2015
Suburb of Detroit
That would end democracy in this country.
A little over dramatic do you think? I keep saying that while yes it's important the President is at the time of appointing a justice - it's NOT a deal breaker. Many justices have gone against their political leanings (for example John Roberts), because they take the position seriously rather than trying to please the silly president who appointed them. I'm sure many judges have rule the opposite in what they believe because they believe law trumps (no pun intended) feelings. This is why this is a lifetime position for it takes politics out of the equation most of the time. While I personally don't like Ginsburg, it doesn't mean I wish her ill harm.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
I’ve seen some very disgusting reactions on twitter. It’s sad that our politics are so divided, that some people welcome a judge’s failing health.
This sword cuts in two directions. She's far from the first to have such terrible things said about her.

Not a fan of hers politically, but she's a tough old broad and I genuinely respect her and wish her well.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Carnegie

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2012

Just saying.
I don't think that's at all the case.

When the Supreme Court is divided, I disagree with her position more often than I agree with it. And she wouldn't make the top half in a ranking of my favorite Justices (though, she wouldn't be at the bottom either).

But she's generally as prepared for cases as anyone on the Court. Listening to oral arguments, it seems that she must be a hard worker. She's, for the most part, on top of the issues and is ready to respond to cites from other Justices and attorneys. As I suggested, I often disagree with her positions, but here writing can - at times - be pretty incisive.

Regardless of how much we agree with her ideological leanings, or her judicial temperament, I think she deserves both recognition for her intellect and respect for her work ethic.

Last edited:

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I don't believe it will be as apocalyptic as people tend to believe, even if we wake up someday to a Justice Coulter or a Justice LaPierre.
Coulter... LaPierre? I have used this meme elsewhere on this site a few times but obviously had applied it prematurely.

lol kitty "do not want".jpg

Anyway, may Justice Ginsburg enjoy full recovery and long life, retiring from the high court whenever she darn well feels like it.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe