"BREAKING: Truth About Terence Crutcher Comes Out… It’s BAD for the Media"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Sep 22, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

2. sualpine macrumors 6502

sualpine

An arrest history does not and NEVER grants permission to use any more or less aggressiveness than the situation warrants.

PCP being in the car does not mean that it was in his system. And even if it was that also does not grant permission to use more aggressiveness than the situation warrants.

One cop used a taser and one cop used a gun. Clearly one of them was wrong. Otherwise they both would have reacted the same way during this same situation. I'd like to think the cop that was using a taser reactively to save both her and his life is a better cop than the cop that immediately reached for his gun.

The idea that you would use an arrest history as justification for a man's death is, to me, morally reprehensible.

3. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Playing devil's advocate regarding his criminal history, at this time there is no way of knowing if the police had access to that information when he was pulled over. Not ever police system has that type of information readily available when they pull someone over. As such if his history was unknown then at the time of the shooting, it's irrelevant. As for the videos themselves, they are extremely limited and don't show the whole story. This who'e "it's bad for the media" is just click bait.

Until more info is released, the man could still very well be innocent. You seem eager to jump to conclusions as much as you're claiming the media is.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

From the OP's highly biased source ...
    PCP is not an weapon. Past arrest records are not a weapon. Outstanding warrants are not a weapon.

There is no way to justify killing an unarmed man who posed no immediate threat to anybody while surrounded by three cops.

Somebody just needs to admit that they panicked and killed a man.

5. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Where is the popcorn emoji. Good luck on the bolded ever happening.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The dude had car trouble. He must be setting a trap. Kill on site!

7. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

I am still waiting for more information for my opinion to swing to either side....

but did want to throw this in there...

PCP is some nasty stuff. I have witnessed (on a ride along with the cops) a guy who was on PCP shrug off 4 cops and police dog like they were nothing. PCP can make a person literally hulk out

8. daflake macrumors 6502a

My problem with this whole thing is that sites like CNN have spun this to make him look really good and the cops bad. What we really don't know is what led up to the shooting. What was said and transpired BEFORE he started to walk away. There has to be more to this than than her simply shooting.

That being said, I do think that the use of force in this case was excessive and the officers should be held accountable on this one.

As for the whole weapon argument, people need to understand that by the time you see a weapon it could be too late for you in many cases.

9. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Black or not, the police here in the US are far too quick to use lethal force which is why so often we get stories in the media about how it's unnecessary.

10. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Drug possession had no bearing on the murder committed by the female officer. They did not know he had drugs in his car, if he indeed did have drugs in his car. This fact, unknown to the police officer, could not have possibly affected their actions. This could easily have been a drug plant.

11. daflake macrumors 6502a

To be fair on this as well, people are fighting back against the police a lot more than they used to do. This means they enter situations already on edge and when a person fights back, they react. Why? Because at the end of the day, they want to go home to their family as well.

This us against them mentality is out of control. I was always taught to respect them and comply and I have never had a problem.

My comments don't mean that there isn't a potential issue with force, but what I am trying to say is that society bears some of the responsibility for how they respond. Treat people how you want to be treated and I am willing to bet that a lot of that excessive force would dissipate.

12. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

What's morally reprehensible is a submissive president that sits in silence, rather than immediately issue a statement of leadership that identifies rioting as unacceptable.

Labeling them "protesters" when in fact they're rioting, looting, fighting and committing crimes is sign of the presidents endorsement, his anti-police, anti-law and order stance.

Husseins destroying America.

13. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Police said Crutcher was shot for trying to reach into his vehicle against the commands he was given.

Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 11.28.44 AM.png

Now that it has been proven that the window was closed the entire time -

[​IMG]
    (bloodstains on the window, moving down the door show it could not have been open at the time)

- police and Right-wing media outlets are claiming he was reaching into his waistband.

Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 11.28.28 AM.png

This is all so classic. So obvious. I smell a cover-up.

14. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Calyspo Louie gives his opinion on Obama in his own imitable style.

15. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

PCP would be a factor worth considering if he actually had a functional dose of it in his bloodstream. PCP is a dissociative anaesthetic. One possible outcome of its effects is to not register danger, which might explain some aspects of his behaviour. I think perhaps that is why the post mortem will take so long, for the toxicology screens. However, we don't know anything definitive yet, so much of the OP's source is basically a smear campaign. We need to reserve judgement until the facts are in. It is possible that both Crutcher and the police are to blame. Sometimes tragedies take more than one.

16. Robisan macrumors 6502

Can a moderator add the tag "sociopathic america" to this thread? TIA

17. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 11.41.53 AM.png

I would be freaked out too if someone reached through solid plate of glass to retrieve an object.

[​IMG]

I am pretty sure that is impossible. It sounds as though the officer was on drugs. She clearly was hallucinating. Shelby - hysterical and frightened for no apparent reason - had no business ever wearing a badge.

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Police forces are slowing turning into military forces, this is the difference from how it was years ago. It's no longer protect and serve but control and disarm. We are not at war as a country so why must the police be armed to the gills and have total discretion.

19. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Social control.

20. thermodynamic, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016

thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

I am? Especially as I was also playing devil's devil's advocate by lifting language anti-police people have been known to say? Maybe I should have added the frypan analogy in complete verbatim, if that makes people feel better... :rolleyes:

Here's a better idea: You may put words in your own mouth. Don't assume. Even asking if that was my intent, which was not for the record, would have come across better. (Hmmm, that seems to involve your conclusion hurdle jumping contest, too...)

As for click bait, the media is ubiquitous with that. Why not go talk to the 6 companies that own all the outlets, they set the standards almost everyone seems to use.

Lastly, try to understand - when I post articles, I use quotes to reflect headlines of articles and leave them open-ended. I've posted from both sides of the aisle. If people need me to put in a disclaimer beforehand as to any specific mindset or approach, I will happily do so. After all, you had when admitting "Devil's advocate" at the start of your post. For not being as detailed, I apologize.

--- Post Merged, Sep 22, 2016 ---
    Wow.

Yes, I watched the whole thing - imagine if a white person said "White House" the same way he said it. Cries of racism would shatter windows and eyeglasses everywhere...

Question: How does your calling him "Calypso Louie" help matters?

I have no doubt some people would equate him as being "the black version of Trump". Why not, plenty in PRSI definitely want to. Or they'll support him while damning Trump just because he's black.

Indeed, if people want to play hardball instead of putting words in other peoples' mouths out of laziness instead of asking, what if Farrakhan's demanding Obama go into the city the way Carter had - if applied to Clinton - brings back that message of "bring them to heel", whatever that means? I'm surprised he didn't take the opportunity to do so.

What a frigging mess, on both sides. There is no sole one point of blame. Anyone who believes otherwise really is a narcissist or sociopath. But nobody wants to move forward, it's more fun to hate while ignoring the true underlying problems. Don't ask, people on both sides have mentioned them in plain sight and nobody gives a **** either way.

21. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

To head off the coming rebellion. Or aliens. Take your pick.

22. zin macrumors 6502

Looks like he was shot when his hands were near to his waist. He was disobeying a police order. An officer does not have to wait to see what he was reaching for, even if he was reaching for nothing at all.

He should have obeyed the instructions of the officer. If he thought he was being unlawfully detained, he should have filed a complaint in court after the incident through an attorney.

23. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

That is not why the officer said she shot him.

[​IMG]

The officer shot Crutcher for reaching into, presumably through, a closed window.

[​IMG]

24. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Seriously guys, it doesn't take a genius to see the exact same cycle that happens every time this happens.

Guess what? Finding out about an arrest record days later changes nothing about the incident at hand. All it does is give the raving lunatics who think that police officers have an encyclopedic knowledge of every person they encounter, even when they've never met them before, more ******** to post on their newsfeed and spam the internet with.

This thread is character assassination by those desperate to cling onto their fantasy that there isn't a problem with police killing civilians in this country (regardless of race, but concentrated disproportionately towards minorities given their makeup of the total population).

Can we be honest? For once I beg of you people, Can we be honest that police in America are able to kill with next to no culpability as this is a systemic problem?

You used to be better than this. What happened?

25. zin macrumors 6502

How can you tell if the window is open from that angle? At 0:25 in the video he is clearly doing something with the window.

In addition, doesn't change the fact that he was shot when his hands were near his waist. He didn't follow the order.
    His hands were near his waist when he was shot. That's what the video shows.