Breaking: WH economic advisor Larry Kudlow suffered a heart attack

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Hopefully his family was notified before Trump tweeted this out. And why wouldn’t he include any thoughts or prayers for Kudlow and his family in the tweet?

2. Rum_Becker macrumors regular

I'm surprised Trump did not blame Trudeau for it

3. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Can’t stand the guy or President Trump, but I hope he make a quick recovery, and I wish him the best of health. Having my best friend’s father pass due to a heart attack has put a new perspective on life

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If he's in the hospital already I'm pretty sure his family would have been notified.

5. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Stress is a killer. Still, wish him a full recovery.

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Without any basis of knowing, that really couldn't be proven. Regardless, it isn't up to the POTUS to announce such things, especially seeing that with the Rule of Law being paramount, Trump just ran afoul of patient confidentiality and HIPAA, as he just disclosed PHI.

BL.

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

You forgot the part he borrows from Nixon about "if the president does it it's not a crime"...

Hope Kudlow recovers and takes medical advice from his docs, not from The Don.

8. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Jesus turned on the TV this weekend and called BS.

9. 0007776 Suspended

Since Trump isn’t a health care provider he wouldn’t be covered by HIPPA. There are more than enough real things to criticize him for without making up things.

10. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

The Privacy portion of that with the PHI component of that means that he could have breached patient confidentiality, unless that was already disclosed by the physicians themselves. If it was, then no problem. If it weren't, then there is a problem.

BL.

11. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Oh for **** sake. You people are running out of **** to whine about.

12. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Not that I agree with Bradl, but is following the law considered whining?

13. Zenithal, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018

Zenithal macrumors 603

This is God's way of punishing Kudlow for being a pathological liar and inept at his career.

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

So, like Nixon, Breaking the law is only breaking the law when you are NOT the POTUS. Got it. :rolleyes:

BL.

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

We need to follow up on these serious allegations, I think we should form an independent investigation into Trump tweeting that one of his staff suffered a massive heart attack. Obviously impeachment is on the table.

16. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Reports are he had a projection of the Trump tariff impacts on the American economy in his hand .... ;)

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Jeeze, rumors were he was drinking again because he was slurring on cable news this weekend. Seems like those were symptoms of a heart attack in progress that went unnoticed.

He’s lucky he actually has access to the best healthcare in the country, most do not.

18. Videomanmac Suspended

Videomanmac

Better get your impeachment pitchfork and call for his impeachment due to this "violation of the law" which he is not a healthcare provider, so HIPAA doesn't come into effect.

19. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Man, some people here just bitch about Trump 24/7. He could cure cancer tomorrow and you guys would be up in arms because now some conservative guy you really don’t like isn’t gonna die.

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Oh, haven't you heard? The government is in healthcare! :p

BL.

21. Videomanmac Suspended

Videomanmac

My man, touché. Best clapback I've seen all day.

22. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

Pay back for 8 years of this crap from the right.

23. Videomanmac Suspended

Videomanmac

We were not this bad whatsoever.

24. Zenithal macrumors 603

Yes. Ideally, after your 40th, preferably your mid-30s, you ought to check yourself daily for any irregularities that may pop up. This includes a reading or two of your BP and HR.

25. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Well, before we go with curing cancer, let's start smaller. Things like not lying every time you speak, not tweeting play-by-play of Fox News coverage, etc.

Generally, I wouldn't trust a cure for cancer from someone incompetent. But, if he did come up with a cure, it would probably be just walking in the room and saying "Yeah, I cured your cancer, its gone." Even if he did nothing and the cancer was still there.

I guess your actions from there depend on whether you are a Trump supporter or not and believe his action of simply telling you the cancer was gone made it so.