Breitbart is Imploding

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Mar 14, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It's funny how they cite journalistic integrity as a reason to leave.

Thank you Mr. Trump.

Two More Breitbart Staffers Resign, Citing Outlet’s ‘Party-Line Trump Propaganda’

2. CPx macrumors 6502

Breitbart is not journalistically sound? Shocking!

(By the way, the list of similar threads at the bottom of the page is funny.)

3. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

umm it's Breitbart can someone explain why a F*** should be given?

4. Robisan macrumors 6502

We're going to need more, bigger popcorn makers...

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Weren't they always a biased source before Trump came along?

6. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Because Breitbart is a cherished source for the PRSI fringe.

7. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

At this point, we should just quote Yeats: Trump's run is modern journalism's Ragnarök.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 14, 2016 ---
    Most certainly. But, they used to be an ideological brother to the Washington Times and the Daily Caller.

Unlike Fox News, which carry water for the Republican party, now Breitbart's political reporting seems determined to make Trump's candidacy.

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I thought Brietbart was dead. Do we have another Abe Vigoda situation here?

9. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Well, Andrew is dead. The eponymous organization is still alive.

10. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You omitted the words ne

Never mind.

11. FieldingMellish Suspended

Okay, time out ... Time out. Who the *** is Yeats? And why are you coming up with *** totally over my head??!

And the two dots over the O? What's that, code?

12. Peterkro, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016

Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

W.B.Yeats,most known lines "tread softly for you tread on my dreams".Irish poet and one of the foremost figures of twentieth century literature.Member of the Irish Republican Brotherhood and one time suitor of Maud Gonne.Early figure in the Irish woman's movement founder member of Cumman na mBan.Comrade of the Countess Markieviticz and was the mother of Sean McBride IRA chief of staff in the thirties.
    E2a: answer to a common pub quiz question,Countess Markieviticz was the first woman elected to the British parliament,she was a member of Sinn Fein so didn't take her seat.The usual answer is Nancy Astor which is wrong,most of the Sinn Fein members were in British jails in the 1918 elections and refused to sit in a British parliament.That election by the way is the legal decision for the legality of a united Ireland.

13. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Yeats was a fascist.

14. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Fish is dead?

15. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

He was certainly anti-semitic and had a flirtation with the blue-shirts this doesn't detract from his position in literature,if we scratched out those with dodgy political leanings we'd be missing some great writers.

16. vrDrew macrumors 65816

There's an interesting article in this month's Baffler, that suggests Trump is really Loki:

[​IMG]

17. FieldingMellish Suspended

How strong the fearful PC laws that superpowers are linked to an ordinary man who refuses to be bound by them. (F. Mellish 2016)

:eek:

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

My heart bleeds for them.

Surely they can use one of those supermarket tabloids as a substitute.

19. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

In many ways, the implosion of breitbart is symbolic of the much larger implosion of the GOP.

20. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

That's interesting to ponder. I've never seen a major American political party really flat out dive into the shallow end of the pool before. I thought I had done so in 1968 (Dems) and again in 1992 (GOP), but I see now that I was wrong on a logarithmic scale. So I'm living in much more interesting political times than I could have imagined. Only I wouldn't have hoped for this; it seems so destructive.

On Breitbart: The way they handled the incident with their reporter was terrible. The mix of internal reactions -- based on politics rather than on essential human value of what happened?!! -- just left me incredulous. I congratulate the people who left. Regardless of politics or the quality of the journalism there, sometimes one has to draw a line for the sake of personal integrity. I mean one must look at self in the mirror every day. I make enough mistakes on my own to figure I don't have to also carry baggage that I never would have picked up voluntarily to begin with. It's always a personal call but who doesnt heed it can pay a heavy spiritual price over time. I'm not talkimg religion. I'm talking looking in the mirror and still having self respect.

21. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Really? Take a look at the results since Democrats broke their necks when diving into the shallow end in 2008.

The Democrats are in minority status in everything that counts except the presidency. (mild chuckle)
    --- Post Merged, Mar 14, 2016 ---
    The failed Obama administration is symbolic of the failure and destruction of the Democratic party. Thanks, Obama!

22. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

You're living in your own alternate universe. The Obama administration is far from failed, his approval ratings are high and going up. As a matter of fact, Obama at this point in his presidency is as popular as Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton were. All polls show Hillary and Bernie mopping the floor with Trump in the general election. Facts are a bitch aren't they? Once again, the GOP is so screwed it's not even funny and the best part is so many republicans (such as yourself) are failing to see it while so many in the party are well aware of it. Keep living in lala land.

23. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

I'd envy your stylish rose-colored glasses except for the fact that they'd make me write silly stuff like your reply. The Democrat party has lost everything that counts since Obama took office. The polls that matter are those of likely voters and they're showing Trump beating Hillary.

24. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Source? (Breitbart doesn't count :p)

25. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Source to what? Notice that I didn't bug you about your unsourced posting, so don't go wild.