Breitbart's stunning exposé

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sydde, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Here is a link to the damning footage of Barack Obama hugging Derrick Bell, which Andrew Breitbart was apparently preparing to release when abruptly he died.

I yawn. This I think was the anxiety that undid Mr. Breitbart, the terror of hearing crickets. It reminds me of the old cliché "death as a career move."

Am I missing something important?

(Mods, feel free to merge into the other Breitbart thread.)

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

nope

3. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Righties gotta try to come up with something.

Or else it's four more years.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Okay, so Obama has a friend who used some hyperbole in a fictional story to describe how racist some whites are.

(Goes to make coffee while he tries to figure out why he should care.)

6. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

No one here really expects any of you to care. Believe me.

7. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Obama hugging a guy that worked his whole life for racial equality is...? What, bad?

Back the birth certificate I guess :D

8. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

So, you are starting a thread drawing attention to a matter that, according to you, warrants no attention. Then what is this thread about? Is it simply the Yeah Breitbart Is Dead 2.0 thread?

9. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

News Flash: Harvard Lawyer Knows Harvard Law School Professor

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

The leftist communist radicals killed Breitbart over this???

11. werther macrumors regular

This is funny. I had to travel around the last couple days with one of my suppliers. The whole time he is yammering the conservative narrative and he brought up some video the Breitbart is about to release.

He said it showed Obama on his knees on a muslim rug praying to Allah and snorting coke with the black panthers.

S#$t, I'd take that trip.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

There was a guy from Breibart's organization this morning on CNN. It got rather heated and ugly turning into a debate on racism even when the anchor kept pushing back and saying "where is the bombshell". He said the bombshell was right now...her...the media covering this up. I had to laugh. I had to laugh even more when he said there would be more "bombshells" coming later on.

Interestingly, he said they were vetting the Republican candidates as well. Perhaps they will sling mud at everyone and that will be Breibart's legacy.

14. Sydde thread starter macrumors 68020

Sydde

No, I was probing, to see if there might be anyone here that could 'splain me what the big deal is/was ("Am I missing something important?"). I have observed, on another site, posters raving about how Mr. Bell was a "marxist" or a "racist", but this seems to be nothing more than empty vitriol. I thought maybe I could get clarification here on how my perspective is faulty. Do you have any valuable insight?

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Young Barry was quite the public speaker. Where were the teleprompters? :D

16. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Then, if your interest is sincere, ask the people at the "other site" about the Marxism and racism and empty vitriol, and let us know what they say.

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Thanks to your suggestion, I visited the "other side", worldnutdaily.com and found they didn't disappoint.

I didn't even get into the articles on Professor Derrick Bell.

This photo and headline on their homepage said it all ...

Attached Files:

18. Sydde thread starter macrumors 68020

Sydde

Sorry, tried that, all I got was noise and name-calling (the site, liberalforum.org, is a bit like the web version of usenet).

19. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Well, Breitbart's "final piece" was the first edition of "The Vetting," called "A Love Song to Alinksy." His site has since followed up with this new piece.

It's worth drawing attention to the reality that for all Breitbart's bluster, the first two pieces of "The Vetting" are driven by "guilt by association" and cover subjects that other outlets, like Frontline, have already covered.

Like Arpaio's "investigation," it's just the same reheated bombast we've been hearing for years.

One thing about Breitbart, if he had actually aimed his guns at real problems he might have actually done something that mattered.

20. Sydde thread starter macrumors 68020

Sydde

TBF, Breitbart honestly believed in the utter evilness of Barack Obama in much the same way that the left believed in the total lasting evilness of president Cheney, so to him, these attacks were something that truly mattered. Or maybe he was getting piecework for stoking divisiveness.

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

His fervent belief doesn't change the fact that for all his work, he found precious little substance. I can think of ten journalists who broke more meaningful stories a tenth of the resources that Breitbart had the day he died.

It's an absolute waste.

What bothers me about this is I think Breitbart was talented and smart, but he wasted that energy on trying to bend the fingers of the Obama administration. His magnum opus is a crappy story about Alinksy and some petrified screed about Obama's syllabus.