Brent Cross, London - UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by supersi, Sep 19, 2012.

1. supersi macrumors newbie

I'm thinking of hitting Brent Cross in London on Friday morning. I like the idea of shopping centres becasue I figure you have a chance of running to the store once the doors open (plus indoors = dry)!!!

Has anyone done a launch at this store before, and does anyone know if there are people camping out already?

My plan is to try and rock up about 6am on Friday morning, but as with all things launch day, even at that time I fear I might be late to the party!!!

2. SheRock macrumors newbie

Can't wait...

I'm planing to hit there myself... No previous experience thought...

Is there anyone who will be offering to share? Anyone know which entrance will be open? Parking?

Sharing is caring (plus it's nicer to queque together)

x

3. Arkham.insane macrumors newbie

I was planning on driving down there myself, not sure how early to get there though, any ideas? Might give the apple store there a call later to see whats what.

Whats this sharing business? We buy a phone and i keep it for 6 months then you for the second half of the year? Ok but dont read my texts please ;)

Last time there was a queue i think its on you tube, im going from a 3gs to this so prepared to put in some needless effort plus im pretty excited.

All these people talking about faster phone, ios 6, bigger screen. All about retina display for me!

4. SheRock macrumors newbie

I meant sharing the info :)

Was thinking of being there around 7am. Can't wake up any earlier than that... Do you know which entrance for the shopping centre they will be opening? Or shall we just look for other people there...?

5. Adam-Jobs macrumors regular

6. rmwebs macrumors 68040

bumping for a response!

7. funlad macrumors regular

Ive been to Brent Cross for launch before - queues are usually big by 7am, but at least you are in the warm - they let you into the centre way before the 8am store opening time. Its only a small store though and the line moves SLOW

8. CockyMB macrumors newbie

any one actually at the store. how many people do you think are there.
    where did u park same like last year?
    thinking of joining now as it looks like very limited quantities available.

9. funlad macrumors regular

About 200 people I'd guess...

10. funlad macrumors regular

They just announced there's no 64gb gold left already :/

----------

Oh and no 64gb silver either. Wtf?!!

11. funlad macrumors regular

No 64gb left in any colour, screw this I'll wait for my preordered to arrive :/