Brent Crude Oil drops 43%???

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by scotthayes, Aug 14, 2008.

1. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

Could this be a return to cheaper petrol or have the BBC screwed up??? Checking more sources right now!!!

BBC

Attached Files:

2. Queso macrumors G4

Screw up. Brent crude is normally only a couple of dollars below the price of WT Intermediate.

3. scotthayes thread starter macrumors 68000

scotthayes

That's what I was thinking. Searched everywhere and it's still showing within a $1 or so of WT. Damn the BBC

4. scotthayes thread starter macrumors 68000

scotthayes

The BBC are still showing the drop but not a single news story on it. Really does look like a screw up

The only thing I can think, for some reason they are showing the price of Brent Crude from August 2007.

Attached Files:

5. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Four nines probability that the only decline is in output. Within ten or so years, the UK will again be an oil importer, not an exporter. Just as has happened to Indonesia and is happening to Sumatra...

'Rat

6. scotthayes thread starter macrumors 68000

scotthayes

I know this is sad, but I e-mailed the BBC, turns out the company who supplies them with the data was sending the wrong figure. DAMN!!!

7. Queso macrumors G4

In 10 years time Scotland will be an oil exporter and the UK will no longer exist. That's what my money's on anyway.

8. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I doubt Scotland will be exporting oil, unless they've found a new strike in the North Sea. All North Sea fields are declining in output.

I erred, above; not Sumatra, but Malaysia.

9. Queso macrumors G4

The North Sea is old hat. The Atlantic shelf is where the exploration is now happening, and by all accounts there's plenty of oil down there. They just need to get at it.

10. Desertrat macrumors newbie