Brian Williams of NBC Nightly News on Apples new product launch

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Phrygian, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Phrygian macrumors regular

2. mirz2000 macrumors regular

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It's nice to see the truth being presented on the news.

4. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

6. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

Isn't this the goal of pretty much every company selling consumer goods? Electronics, clothing, automobiles, etc. To make you feel what you have is 'dated' and that you need to update to the 'latest and greatest'.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It sure is but other companies don't do eagerly awaited keynotes and get millions in free publicity when every news program does a story on it.

8. mwa, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013

mwa Suspended

mwa

The fact that he singles Apple out - since he doesn't do this with Android or Windows launches - means he is biased; he just happens to present a view you personally agree with so, as you say, he's "presenting the truth."

As it happens anything you buy today will be outdated in the near future: Cars, refrigerators, computers, even electronic toothbrushes. Singling out one company or product - Apple or not - makes whomever says it sound more like a Product Bigot than a truthful newscaster. I don't think you'd complain if you were given a modern washing machine rather than grind your knuckles on a washboard. Products change, for the better in most cases. If you rule out product progress in one place, you have to rule it out everywhere and if this happened you would literally be living in the stone age.

And it's amusing, and irrational, how you blame a company for the way it's customers behave... :D

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Windows and Android launches aren't newsworthy. When their fans camp out for a week or more to buy new toys, then it would be newsworthy.

What's amusing and irrational is you saying I blame Apple. Where did I do that? I also agreed that all companies try and do this.

10. mwa Suspended

mwa

:)

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

How is that blaming Apple?

12. mwa Suspended

mwa

I thought you were talking about Apple. My bad. No offense. Other companies have lines of people too I guess. :)

13. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Neither are Apple's in my opinion. The Keynote never made it our humble UK news shows. As for the news report, I'm not sure what the news team's point was. People treat Tech as Fashion nowadays? Because if so, that has been becoming increasingly the case for quite some time now and not only Apple are to blame for it.

14. OnceYouGoMac macrumors 6502

I saw that and I was laughing my head off :eek: We get NBC Nightly News on CNBC in Europe.

15. windon macrumors newbie

"Macs built in US for first time" WRONG

I wish these guys would get their facts right - The Power Mac cheese grater desktop work station computers were always assembled in the US or more specifically in California up until or through the G5. My Mac Pro desktop was the first one to come from China.

16. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

I like your comment, but am afraid that the comment is not really accurate :cool::D:p

17. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

To try to make you think that what you own is not adequate so you'll buy the new product? I think it is marketing. Or are you commenting on NBC's opinion? I've seen nothing from Apple that tries to make a customer feel that what they own is no longer cool and inadequate, just that the new device is improved and cooler. ;)

18. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I don't know that I can update older iPhones to newer version of iOS. My Android friends have to buy a new Android phone to update their smart phone OS.