Briarwood Mall Ann Arbor Iphone 6 launch

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by bkoldys, Sep 17, 2014.

1. bkoldys macrumors newbie

Anybody contemplating going to Briarwood for the 6 launch. I camped out all night for the 5 but according to Briarwood facebook post, they will not allow any camping or furniture (chairs I guess) and will allow people to line up at 5am. Now how do you orderly line up people at 5 am who are in a group waiting for the chance to line up?. The line up as you come was very orderly. I may go out there Thurs and check it out anyway

2. egirarde macrumors newbie

I might

I'm debating going to Briarwood as well. I went up to watch the 5 launch, but was able to pick it up at Verizon without a wait. I called Apple yesterday, but was surprised when she told me there was no plan to let people line up inside.

Not sure what to do now. I'm definitely not lining up in the cold.

3. briiibre macrumors newbie

I'm lining up. I guess it makes little since to go to much earlier then 5a

4. egirarde macrumors newbie

5. briiibre macrumors newbie

Think so. Do u think they are going to allow us to line up? And do you think they will have all colors and capacities. I'm lining up for the 6 plus. Have u ever done this before?

6. egirarde macrumors newbie

Nope. My first time. Spoke with someone at the Apple store and he seemed to think I could get one if I was in line early enough. Not sure about colors, though.

The mall won't let you on the property so people have lined up across the street in years past. Plan on bringing a lawn chair and sitting across the street or on the side walk.

I'll shoot you a DM if you want to meet there.

7. briiibre macrumors newbie

Across the street? Where? Then we run across at 5a how does that work?

8. egirarde macrumors newbie

No idea. The mall management didn't have a clear explanation as well. When I spoke with the Apple guy, he pretty much made it seem like it was a free for all.

Also, it doesn't seem like I can send DMs here. :(

9. briiibre macrumors newbie

10. egirarde macrumors newbie

Here. Saw a line at midnight and decided to come. Sorry for not posting. Completely forgot to send an update. Sounds like they have a lot of the Pluses. Only thing they seemed really short on was the unlocked T-Mobile phones.