Brick and Mortar iPhone 5 Availability, Sept. 24-28

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr. French, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Mr. French macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

Instead of pre-ordering the iPhone now, wouldn't it make more sense to buy it in-store the following week sometime? What is your opinion on the availability of the phone for that week? I don't need the phone on opening day, but I also don't want to wait 2-3 weeks either because of a pre-order. Thoughts?

2. rsoxtim Guest

When I first got an iPhone a few years ago (model 3G), I thought the same thing about the preorder and decided I'd buy in store.

I went to multiple Apple stores in the area the week of release and had zero luck. Back then, they were still showing if stores had inventory on the Apple website. I waited in line after line and never lucked out until a few weeks after release date when I woke up at 4AM on a Saturday and went to a mall in Maryland and waited in line for 6 hours.

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Shipments arrive daily to Apple stores however they never know what would be in that shipment or they don't want to tell you. Whether or not they are available really depends on your location and the store. I know at my Apple Store around launch I normally have no problems getting stuff within a week of launch however if you really want the phone ASAP it is better to preorder or lineup though not always necessary to do so.

4. Mr. French thread starter macrumors newbie

THIS is dedication, I applaude you- thanks for the info.