Bright Spots/Streaks on iPhone 4's Screen... Did they go Away?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by grmatt, Jul 2, 2010.

1. grmatt macrumors 6502

I picked up a replacement phone at my local Apple Store and just noticed it has some bright white spots and streaks on the screen (under the glass), similar to THIS. The issue seems different than the yellow splotches issue that many were having.

Is there anyone here that has had this issue that can report on the status after owning the phone for a few days, or point me to someone who has? I tried doing searches but could only find information on the yellow splotches and bands issue.

Thanks!

2. grmatt thread starter macrumors 6502

I looked up my serial number on THIS SITE and it shows it was made in "week 26" which it says is in July. Whoa! That would mean this was made at the earliest, yesterday. Taking the time difference into effect, this would mean, at most, this phone is 50 hours old. Is that even possible? If so, I'm guessing this issue is probably just because it is so new.

3. grmatt thread starter macrumors 6502

Doesn't seem to be fading at all yet. Did anyone else have this issue with their phone?

4. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Do they change color, I would give it a few days then call your apple store and see if they have replacements available. :(

5. grmatt thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope, just bright white... Only there when the screen is on, and most noticeable when you hold the phone at a slight angle. There are streaks too.

Yeah, I'm going to have to check in with my Apple Store when I get back from vacation in a week if it doesn't go away. It's weird though that I was only able to find info about this from launch day. That makes me think that it may have fixed itself. Oh well, if not, I'm sure they'll replace it.

I'll come back and update in a few days though just in case there's anyone else out there having the same thing.

6. grmatt thread starter macrumors 6502

Just wanted to give an update to say that this did not go away. I have an appointment scheduled at the Genius Bar on Saturday where I hope to get a replacement.

7. grmatt thread starter macrumors 6502

I got a replacement at my local Apple store today. The "genius" tried to lay a guilt trip on me, asking three times if there was any chance it has been spilled on. He confirmed that the liquid damage sensor was NOT tripped to another "genius" proving that there had been no water damage. Then he said to the other "genius," "He says it came like this" with an obvious hint of disbelief in his voice. I told him that I could show him the post I made on Mac Rumors one hour after I got the phone, but he didn't take me up on that.

He said "We'll replace it this time. They are a little more lenient right now because the hardware is new." This time? WTF? Don't insult my intelligence like that, "genius." I take damn good care of my phones. I hope I get a survey email from Apple so I can express my concerns there. Otherwise, I'll email them about it.

8. grmatt thread starter macrumors 6502

9. dipencha macrumors newbie

the same problem I am facing,exactly the same...

I have the same problem with my screen.I actually tried to clean with some liquid blower(electronics cleaning liquid) from the audio jack.Unfortunately those white spots appeared aftermath.I even opened my iphone and cleaned the back part of the LCD but those didnt go.I dont know if they are due to the LCD hardware damage or they are the white spots which need some special cleaner to wipe out.
    If you have solved that problem the n please notify me too.
    thank you
    dipencha