Brightness - iPhone 5, iOS6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VolcomLegend, Sep 27, 2012.

1. VolcomLegend macrumors member

Hi all,

Having an issue with my brightness settings on my new iPhone 5. I've set the slider fairly low (under the 'r' of 'brightness') but then I'll go and look at my phone later and see it is really quite bright - more so than it should be even with 'Auto Brightness' turned on. So I'll go and check settings and the slider has moved. Sometimes I can even go in to check the settings and watch it move itself! If I remember right, auto brightness will adjust the screen but not move the slider? I certainly don't remember this behaviour on any of my previous iPhones.

Phone was setup as 'new' rather than a restore of my iPhone 4. Have tried switching on and off, rebooting, etc. Everything short of a restore.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is it the norm?

2. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

The more dynamic moving slider is new to iOS 6.

3. NoOneHitsHarder macrumors member

I've actually seen the slider move while I was looking at it. I like how it shows you what the current auto-brightness level is at.

4. VolcomLegend thread starter macrumors member

That explains it - thanks!

5. whiteshadoww macrumors 6502

Same issue on my iPhone 5. I set the brightness at level X without auto brightness on and then put the phone in sleep mode. When I wake it its totally dim and on the lowest level.

I'm a huge fan but wondering if this iOS was a rush to production. Things seemed half-baked, maps, this issue....Wonder if its the post Jobs Apple. Maybe, maybe not. But I'm selling my stock when it hit 700 again.