Brighton, Churchill Square - UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by joshysquashy, Jun 20, 2010.

1. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

Anyone here getting one in Brighton? This will be the first iPhone launch I will attend in my home town! Should be exciting!

2. rouncivella macrumors newbie

Hey, i'm brand new to the forum. I will be attending the iPhone launch at brighton :). WHat time are you getting there?

3. joshysquashy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was thinking about 6:30. What about you. Not sure how early I will be able to wake myself up!

4. rouncivella macrumors newbie

I don't live in Brighton, I live in Bexhill, don't know if you know where that is? About 40mins drive to Brighton. I'll be leaving my house at roughly 5. Then park and everything so it'll be about 6 - hope i'll be close to the front! I have reserved one though.

I heard a rumour that there will be some white ones available. Hopefully I can swap my reserved black one to white :)

5. tehchris macrumors newbie

Look forward to seeing you all there around 7ish. Got a reservation and a day off, so no worries with waiting.

Am I right in thinking that those of us reserved at Churchill Sq. have only received one reservation e-mail? I've seen some people say they have got reminders, but I didn't get one of these, only the initial confirmation.

Should be a fun day :)

6. rouncivella macrumors newbie

I recieved a reminder and I reserved there :)

7. tehchris macrumors newbie

Ouch. I'll just hope it got lost in the interwebs somewhere. I have the initial reservation confirmation which will do me. If not, I guess I'll have to kick up a fuss :D

8. rouncivella macrumors newbie

Yeah just print it off and all should be good whether or not they have your name on the list or not :)

9. tehchris macrumors newbie

Yeah, I think that's what I'll do. I have a good friend who works in the Apple store who I might be able to call upon should needs arise!

With any luck they'll open the centre early so people can grab their places in the queue. If it's anything like the store opening, it's going to be an immense experience.

10. rouncivella macrumors newbie

I phoned Apple yesterday and they said the queue will start outside the H&M entrance. Then at 8am Churchill Square doors open and they let about 10 people in at a time (so there isn't a mad rush). There will also be one line for people who have reserved, one line for people who haven't :)

11. tehchris macrumors newbie

Fantastic information, thanks.

I'll be lurking around with my 'Churchill Sq.' Apple t-shirt that they gave away at launch. Hope you get a good position and good luck with your phone getting :D

12. locolhp macrumors newbie

locolhp

Hi all

I'm front of the main door at Churchill square, I came 1:55 am

13. tehchris macrumors newbie

Talk about dedication :eek: :D

Got a reservation, or hoping to pick up walk-in stock? Do they have any of those crowd barriers up yet? :D

I'm sure the rest of us will be down to join you at a more sensible time ;)

14. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

Arrived around 7:30 am. Queue was all the way around the rear concourse. Staff were handing out reservation tickets in the queue as I arrived. I left around 8:00 am, when I was informed that the only 5s tickets left were for 16 GB and 32 GB Space Greys.

Attached Files: