"Bring 'Em on" Four Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Jul 2, 2007.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

and 3372 dead Americans since Bush spoke those words.

Sadly, it has been brought.

Good thing the insurgents are in their "last throes", and our "Mission" has been "Accomplished".

2. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

To be fair on the issue of the quote itself, he did admit that those words were a mistake. On the greater issues surrounding the quote...it wouldn't be completely unappreciated by the American people for him to admit that was a mistake too...

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i actually think more people would approve and appreciate him saying that hes made a mistake rather than being stubborn and headstrong.

4. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

I think that is what I said. They'd appreciate it, but that doesn't mean they'd like him for it.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

thats my mistake, read your post wrong. :eek: thought that was a 'would' instead of a 'wouldn't" damned double negatives.

but i do think him apologizing would lead to his approval rating going up. thats just my opinion though.

6. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

Sorry about the D Ns! I'll grant you maybe a few points, but nothing to redeem his presidency. Just speculation.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

oh trust me i agree with you there! nothing can make up for this administration. but i'll admit, it'd be nice to hear. and i think public opinion would go up. but certainly not sustained. and certainly nothing can save this administration. at least i hope not.

8. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Unfortunately it took him several years to realize (or admit, take your pick) his error.

9. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

he'd have to be a moron not to realize he made a mistake. So admit is the word. Hey, wait a minute...

10. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he may not have realized what a colossal mistake it was for quite some time either. Not that others didn't see it, but who knows what makes it into that bubble they've got around the WH. If all he watched was FOX News, he might have thought we DID get met with roses and candy.