Bristol Palin says abstinence education not realistic!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dinaluvsApple, Feb 18, 2009.

1. dinaluvsApple macrumors regular

In her first interview since giving birth, the teenage daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said having a child is not "glamorous," and that telling young people to be abstinent is "not realistic at all."

Van Susteren was delicate with the teenager but pointedly asked if "contraception is an issue here."
    "Is that something that you were just lazy about or not interested, or do you have philosophical or religious opposition to it," Van Susteren asked.

Bristol quickly answered that she didn't want to get into specifics. The best option is abstinence, the teen said, but added that she didn't think that was "realistic."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/17/bristol.palin.interview/

2. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Of course, the data shows this. Children need a comprehensive and truthful education. Abstinence is the only way to avoid pregnancy and disease, but contraceptive methods greatly mitigate those risks. If you feel must do it, protect your naughty bits.

3. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

I'm glad that she's speaking out to de-glamorize teen pregnancy. Obviously the abstinence isn't realistic is at odds with her mother's politics.

4. iAthena macrumors regular

At least she has a support system in place to help her with her new child. I don't think that her kid is going to want for anything. I wish the same could be said for other unwed pregnancies of girls her age and younger.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

In other news, a bear is Catholic and the Pope ***** in the woods. Or something like that :D