broken feet

ghanwani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
How do I fix broken feet on my mind 2010 MBP? I came across a page describing this, but I'm not sure how to order the parts. AppleCare won't talk unless I purchase a single incident ticket for $29.

ghanwani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
Thanks for the pointer. I would prefer to get the kit that Apple has for this (with the feet, glue, alcohol swabs, etc.).

TheIguana

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2004
Canada
You usually can just pick these up if you make an appointment at the Genius bar. Heck often they will even do the install for you.

http://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202450 - they specifically state to call them so I'm a bit surprised that you need to "pay for an incident ticket"... the fact that your paying for parts should supersede that.

ghanwani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
You usually can just pick these up if you make an appointment at the Genius bar. Heck often they will even do the install for you.
Will I have to pay for that appointment? If so, do you know how much it would cost?

ghanwani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
I made a Genius Bar appt for next week since that was the earliest available. The guy I spoke to said it will cost $10 per foot, but I have often gotten incorrect info, so I'll see what happens when I get there. Would it make sense to get all 4 replaced, or just the broken one?

Regard speaking with AppleCare for ordering a part...since the automated system asked me if I wanted to buy credits even before transferring me, I was concerned I would be charged regardless of the nature of the call. If I accept the charge at the time of responding to the machine, would they simply not charge anything if the call just involved an order?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.