right, just been to look at my friends original macbook air. last year it got a drink spilled over the keyboard and the keyboard hasnt been working since. he's just used an apple bt keyboard since but since then its stopped working completely. ive took the battery out and plugged a charger in and it powered up no problem. the only thing which appears to be affected is the keyboard, only half the keys work so im thinking the sugar in the drink is probably crystalised between the terminals so im just going to wash the keyboard. now does a drink spillage seem like something which could ruin the battery, or is it more likely to be the logic board? im trying to get it working properly so we can take it to get the hinges fixed by apple (hopefully free) is this something they still do?