Broken iPhone 4 screen and LCD

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robot62155, Jun 13, 2012.

1. robot62155 macrumors member

Hi everybody! So, I have a broken iPhone 4. The screen itself and the LCD are broken. I see all of these repair kits on Amazon, and I have watched various videos on how to do it. One video in particular that is very specific with every single step. I think I can handle it, but I want to know what other people think. Should I spend 100 dollars to get it fixed by a professional, or 20 bucks and try to do it on my own? I was looking up broken iPhone 4 WITHOUT a working LCD on Ebay and they weren't worth very much. On top of this..... I see some really cool back covers for the iPhone which are not expensive at all. I am going to add one of those. :) Apparently they only take a few minutes to replace. So tell me what you think.. Should I try to fix it? Is it worth it? Is it a hard procedure?

2. robot62155 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!

Thank you so much! One more question... I saw that some people use a grounding strap to avoid static charges. Is this necessary?

3. robot62155 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!

Ok.. thank you so much! :)

----------

When I'm done, I'll post how I did.

4. TuaKahlua87 macrumors newbie

Let me know how it goes. I've never replaced a screen before so I wanna know how well you do and if a newb like me should try

5. robot62155, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013

robot62155 thread starter macrumors member

Finished it!

Well I did it! It was very hard, took a long time, and it was a little frustrating. The phone turned on, but now it's not picking up my touches. I just finished a few minutes ago, so I will post later if it works better. I think it is definitely worth 100 dollars to get somebody else to do it. :)

6. petterjohnson macrumors newbie

Its Easy to replace your iPhone 4 Screen

Well Robot6215, iPhone LCD screen replacement is no more difficult, I changed my own iPhone 4S broken LCD screen. I think you has to take step and do it for yourself. There are so many articles and Videos are available for this purpose. One of the link that I have used to change my iPhone 4S broken screen was: http://blog.brokenlcds.com/replace-iphone-4s-broken-screen/ I hope it will help you in changing your iPhone 4 screen.

7. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Did you buy a $20 eBay or amazon screed? They are junk. Order one from icracked.com. They are high quality and not cheap ebay junk screens.