Brother of murdered civil rights leader endorses Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Meister, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Meister Suspended

Meister

2. FieldingMellish, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016

FieldingMellish Suspended

Go Evers. Good pushback to the main stream media-celebrated crackpot endorsements.

We'll see if this news makes it into the MSM, or buried in the back of the newspaper.

Evers knows the effect that unchecked immigration has had on black job prospects, kowtowing Liberals notwithstanding. He's fully aware that Liberal ideals collide, because you can't promise all to every Democratic constituency, so some must take the hit for the other; but at what cost.

Part of making America great again includes jobs, something Trump has already created big time, whereas all that Trump's predecessor Obama created was discord and animus as a Community Organizer.

Plus, it's hard to reflexively categorize Evers as an Uncle Tom, as frequently assigned by the Left to any successful job holding black man who demonstrates conservative principals.

3. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    This is one of those things that's easy to say until its you taking the hit for everyone else.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

He hasn't seen any proof. Sucks to have 93 year old eyes. Trump has a long, well documented history of racism.

5. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

Hitlary Clinton has a long and well documented history of racism.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Actually the phrase goes, "There's no fool like an old fool."

7. FieldingMellish Suspended

I get it. Can’t win with the Libs. The endorsing whack jobs get credence; Medger Ever’s brother is just an old fool, if he's not an Uncle Tom.

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

"Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, won't get fooled again."

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

You're confusing that with The Who's "Tommy." It order, it goes, shame on you, then shame on me.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Source?

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

12. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

Ad hominem and semantic nitpicking...

Sanger was a known bigot and racist - Hitlary's rolemodel.

http://www.snopes.com/margaret-sanger-weeds/

I guess next you want to tell me that Hitlary didn't endorse KKKs Robert Byrd.

13. FieldingMellish Suspended

Bill and Hill loved the Byrd man. Hillary in particular gushes over Byrd (former the Exalted Cyclops of the KKK) and looks to him as a role model in this vid.

14. dec. Suspended

dec.

Impossible. By your own measures "...but, but... Brother/Cousin/Sister-in-law...-of-a-black-activist endorses - cannot be racist!!!!!" Hillary is not a racist since Bernice King, Martin Luther King, jr.'s daughter, is endorsing Hillary. And I'll add another black activist, Lonnie King, jr. .
    --- Post Merged, Mar 9, 2016 ---
    Glad you at least are familiar with the word "former", something that flew above Meister's head.

15. Robisan macrumors 6502

16. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Bull-s. Hillary Clinton is about as racist as Bill is sexist.

17. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Haha! Hillary agreed with someone who held a racist view, so she's totally racist, but Trump says racist things, does racist things, and is endorsed by racists, yet is not racist.

This kind of logic (and the deep thinkers on the right who think it) is how conservatives blind themselves to reality and end up "unskewing" polls to convince themselves R-money is winning, or that Trump can get > 40% of the Latino vote, or that Hillary should be in jail, or that Saddam was an imminent threat, or that climate change isn't real, and on and on.

They live in a bubble. Sadly, their policies do not.

18. FieldingMellish Suspended

Being a member of the KKK, and ascending the ranks up to Exalted Cyclops, is just a wee bit more into it than having "held a racist view."

19. vrDrew macrumors 65816

But it still doesn't make Hillary Clinton a racist.

I really think some of our more conservative members ought to spend some time pondering on the concept of Psychological Projection. That (somewhat tiresome and annoying) habit that some people have of denying the existence of their own negative qualities, and attributing them to others. It seriously would save you folks a whole lot of time.

Because while I might be persuadable on a whole range of issues, you just aren't going change my mind on Donald Trump's dangerous bigotry. And threads like this, that suggest African-Americans are really supporting a racist Hillary Clinton over racial and ethnic peacemaker Donald Trump? You have to be seriously deluded to think you are fooling anyone but yourselves.

20. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Agreed *cough* David Duke *cough*

21. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

Hitlary is really just David Duke wearing a costume.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 9, 2016 ---
    You are not going to change your mind on Trump and we are not going to change our mind on racist, bigoted Hitlary.

What else is new?

22. vrDrew macrumors 65816

You misunderstand your position.

Hillary Clinton doesn't need to change anyone's mind in order to win significant majorities among the African-American (Latino, Muslim-American, etc. etc.) community. Trump and his deluded supporters are kidding themselves, and making themselves look, if anything, more ridiculous than they already do by making such absurd claims.

Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

23. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

You keep telling yourself that.

Trump will be the next president.

Just watch and learn.

24. Raid, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016

Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

While the one comment might have been Ad Hominem, do you realize that link refutes the validity of that quote? That could be one indication why your statements and declarations are brought into question.

I can only assume that the "semantic nitpicking" you reference is that Sanger did mention "weeds" in the following quote:
    Now you may connect the dots between the "racial elements", to "defective stocks" then to "human weeds", and come up with 'racist'... However considering her work with with African-American community leaders for an all African-American hospital in Harlem her statement indicates that the "human weeds" are about undesirable traits or diseases... while in today's terms that is harsh (even Spartan like) but the medical advances today mean a much better quality of life for some of those born with those challenges.

As for your point on endorsement, anybody can really endorse any one they please, but the recipient of the endorsement has the ability to distance themselves from the endorser's beliefs either in part or outright.