Brown signs SB707

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Oct 10, 2015.

1. jkcerda, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/news/fpc/gov-jerry-brown-signs-anti-gun-senate-bill-707/
    Going broke donating to the NRA
    We have grounds to sue so sue we will image.jpeg

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

At least that's what the NRA will tell you.

Probably should give them some more money.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Did already. The NRA is getting stronger thanks to all the stupidity passed

4. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

The crazies now know they can achieve maximum carnage at those institutions. Brilliant.

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

From link

6. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Why would any civilian have a good reason to carry a gun or ammunition onto school grounds?

Schools are for learning. Leave you gun at home. And why are you getting so worked up about something like this?

7. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

A good reason would be to have protection when a crazy comes to campus.

8. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Because their are the NON-law abiding harming kids and shooting up schools that clearly didn't get your memo.

9. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I drop off and pick up my daughter at school on my way from and back from work

10. tgara, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015

tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Exactly. First they put a big sign out front that says "Gun Free Zone" and now they double down with this idiotic legislation that further disarms law-abiding citizens and invites the crazies to shoot up unarmed civilians. o_O

11. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    So this is the America we're creating for our children, huh? Protesting one useless law to make an equally useless gesture about being able to carry our security blankets around with us everywhere.

We're creating a nation where every man, woman, and maybe even child will walk around armed. You can call it bravery, say you're preparing yourselves for the worst, when really it's just because we've hyped ourselves up so much, we're all too scared to go outside without them.

And the whole "gun free zones only attract criminals" argument? It's stupid. I mean really goddamn stupid. There hasn't been a mass shooting yet that's happened specifically because those zones made a target of convenience. That's not to say they're not entirely useless, just not for the reasons you think.

Want a good example? This most recent one is a good one. That Gun Free School Zone sign didn't do jack and crap, there were all kinds of good guys walked around CCWed up. People still died. And one of those guys carrying specifically stated that he didn't want to go off to play hero, because he knew the cops would mistake him for the shooter. A lot of good that did there, huh?

Want another? Chattanooga, TN. Right up the street from where I'm at. Pass by it all the time. That was a Gun Free Zone, but one of the guys in the building was armed, and returned fire. 5 people still died. He didn't even get in the kill shot. The police did that a few blocks away.

And this is what's always going to happen. Blaming Gun Free Zones is a placebo argument, and saying that mass shootings will drop if everyone's armed is a placebo hope. The reason being is because crazy is crazy, and angry crazy is even worse. All you'll force them to do is come up with a few new strategies. And if you're unfortunate enough to be caught in the midst of the next one, you're just as likely to die with it as without.

So what exactly does an armed society do besides give us a warm security blanket to wrap ourselves in. Something we can tell ourselves makes us safer, without doing anything of the sort.

12. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]
    done ranting? [​IMG]

I passed a local back ground check.
    an FBI check
    1 day CCW class with a marksmanship qualification.
    the local background check included checking my neighbors. yes my neighbors were interviewed.
    if you still don't care. look at post 5 and tell me why are some people more equal than others.

forever yours, Juan.

13. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

and you fooled them all? see how easy it is! :p

14. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Renzatic, you make some interesting points but I would like to focus on the word "placebo". When a mass shooting happens, Politicians use the same placebo affect and quickly create new laws that strip away rights and weaken law abiding citizens.

Are new laws created to truly protect people or is it just a way to make someone feel good? Is it possibly just a convenient time to continue stripping the rights away of legal gun owners? Most importantly, was any thought put into how the new laws would be enforced?

The result so far with these placebo laws is that the frequency of mass shootings has increased. How about we try strengthening our law abiding citizens and see if that reverses the trend. I would wager my 2nd amendment rights that it would.

15. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The level of delusional thinking amongst gun people is truly astounding.

Say a CCW permit holder walks onto campus. And say a school administrator or janitor sees a gun peeking out of their holster. How is that person supposed to know that this is a "good guy with a gun" - and not some maniac intent on killing people?

Really. How on earth do you expect the people at the school to be able to make that sort of determination?

16. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Say all I am doing is dropping off my daughter and get stopped by police because well I am a short fat bald Hispanic, I'm now a criminal due to yet another feel good stupid law that I am forced to follow .

17. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Clean record & DD 214 with the words "honorable" helped .

18. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

the crazies could give a crap about some ammosexual with a gun.

19. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Then why do they keep passing laws?

20. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

the same way someone with a ccw thinks they are rambo and robocop and will save the day cause they have a gun. in otehrwords they don't.

21. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Read the news lately?

22. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Let me just refer you to Justice Antonin Scalia - one of the more conservative Justices on the Supreme Court, and one who voted to overturn Washington DC's blanket ban on handguns:

"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited."

District of Columbia V. Heller 07-290 (2008)
    Emphasis mine. You might not like it, but the State (or County, or School District) can Constitutionally tell you you cannot bring a gun onto school property.

You simply do not have that right.

23. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I would post videos of such thing happening but it won't make a difference to you of many others here image.jpeg

24. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I got my permit. ....

25. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

the fear of amosexuals. none of this has happened it is just implied. kind of reminds me of parents using horror stories to control their children. but the NRA is causing ammosexuals to buy more guns and ammo because they make them fear. the fear of some gun owners is incredible and scary.