Browser cookies: I set to always, they return to never

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LapsangSouchong, Feb 4, 2012.

1. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Since IOS 5 (ip4, then ip4s) I've had an issue where my safari settings change. Specifically: I set it to "always" accept cookies. It will stay that way for a few days. And then it changes to "never". Anyone else have this issue? Did some other global setting change that I've missed?

thanks!

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

You don't have iCloud or iTunes doing some sort of settings restoration do you?

3. LapsangSouchong thread starter macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Hmm, I don't think I have itunes doing anything other than music these days, and I didn't know icloud could... I should check that one... can it?

edit: nope, Itunes is just doing music. that sync program that used to handle things like signatures and rules and bookmarks etc from my mac is long gone, and icloud is doing the bare minimum.

4. LapsangSouchong thread starter macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Anyone have this same issue? Or is it just me?

thanks!

5. kre62 macrumors 68000

This happens on my work phone. I have a work profile installed that gets me access to email. I just assumed that was the cause. Could be wrong. My personal 4S does not do this. Yes. I have 2 4S phones...

6. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

I've experienced the exact same thing a few times since I got my 4S. Every time it happens, I think I'm going crazy since a website will tell me I have my cookies set to off and I know I didn't set it to that myself. Very strange.

7. outlawarth macrumors regular

I have noticed the exact same issue on my 4S. This setting seemingly changes by itself or something is triggering it to change.

8. LapsangSouchong thread starter macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

So I'm not alone! Good. I synced my phone by cable and checked it, and it didn't change. So it's not itunes. I just can't figure it out.

9. 2sa macrumors newbie

Happens to me as well. Very frustrating. I have a iPhone 4 and connected to work Exchange server, one google based email and iCloud.

10. 2sa macrumors newbie

11. aztooh macrumors 6502a

You guys are clearly lying. Everyone here knows that the iPhone "Just Works" and never has any issues, that's why no one has offered up any solution yet. I'd probably make sure you have the things you need to have backed up, and head to the "Genius" Bar.

12. LapsangSouchong thread starter macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I haven't found one.