Browser to Server Authentication error

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by ksalito56, Mar 1, 2018.

1. ksalito56 macrumors newbie

I just recently got ATT Fixed Wireless in my home, which is wifi through a ATT Uverse router, but comes from the cellular tower. I am rural and up until now the only internet I had was my ATT Hotspot from my iPhone.

So my dilemma is that one of my websites won't let me log on. So far this is the only website that has had an issue, here is the error I get.

"A browser-to-server authentication error has occurred because your IP address has changed since you logged into the Account Access section.

To protect the transmission of TSP participants' account information over the Internet, we use your computer's assigned IP address to administer our secure Web site and to help diagnose problems with our server. We require your computer's assigned IP address to remain the same from the time you log into the Account Access section until you exit it.

NOTE: Your IP address assignment is controlled by your Internet Service Provider or Network Security Administrator. It is assigned to your computer session each time you connect to the Internet and it may vary from session to session.?

I get this error on all of my IOS devices when I am connected to my Wifi. When I connect to my Hotspot from my iPhone I am able to log on to the website. A little info, this is a .gov website for my Thrift Savings Plan. I am able to log on to the website with my old Dell computer with no issues using the wifi.

So this is telling me there is something within the IOS or apple products that is causing this issue. Any thoughts or help to fix this? ATT support is useless, they have not clue. They had me remove and reset the wifi connection on my MacBook and reset the wifi router, and nothing helps. So far it has only been one website, everything else works fine.

I found something on the internet about renewing the DHCP lease, but am very hesitant to do this. I am afraid something may go wrong and I am not that computer savvy.

I am hoping someone has an answer that will help me fix this issue.

Thanks

2. mattguy10 macrumors 6502a

mattguy10

What web browser are you using on your iOS devices/Mac?

3. ksalito56 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry I left that out, I am using Safari, but I also tried Google Chrome and it still didn't work.

4. mattguy10 macrumors 6502a

mattguy10

I would try clearing your website data, cache, cookies, & browsing history and then try to access the website again. If that doesn’t work, renewing dhcp lease might just fix it. It’s not going to cause any further issues, all it’s doing is releasing your current IP address and automatically assigning you a new one.

5. ksalito56 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I already cleared history and cache's, and that didn't help. I'll try the license.