Brushed stainless steel antenna

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brettka7, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Brettka7 macrumors regular

Had to pull my iPhone 4 apart to replace my water damaged mic/home button connection, so I thought I'd do a little mod at the same time. A few months ago, I polished the antenna to a chrome-like finish (it was heavily scratched from not cleaning my TPU case) but I never liked it as much as I thought I would. I unscrewed the volume buttons while I was replacing the dock connector cable (those round buttons are NOT easy to get around) and went to town with a Scotch-brite green pad, as seen here and previously done on my iPhone 3G:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=332434

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My camera takes pretty miserable pictures, hopefully anyone that has wondered has an idea of how a brushed iPhone 4 looks though.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

As my avatar may suggest...brushed stainless steel appeals to me.

Thanks for sharing.

3. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

Easy, you need a "scratch brush pen", they sell them for jewelry/watch repair... here's a link, but you can find them ebay and stuff:

http://www.ofrei.com/page251.html

That'll do it for you, right to factory finish.

4. swiftbmx macrumors regular

Just a heads up for those still with warranty, I'd recommend not doing it. I did it to my 4S and was given a pretty hard time about a repair.

5. Brettka7 thread starter macrumors regular

I also recommend not doing it if you're in warranty. Apple employees in my area are very picky. Obviously I was out of warranty with water damage, so I had nothing to lose.

6. Brettka7 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, maybe I'll get one when my brushed finish starts to scratch. Thanks!