Brushed stainless steel antenna

Brettka7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Had to pull my iPhone 4 apart to replace my water damaged mic/home button connection, so I thought I'd do a little mod at the same time. A few months ago, I polished the antenna to a chrome-like finish (it was heavily scratched from not cleaning my TPU case) but I never liked it as much as I thought I would. I unscrewed the volume buttons while I was replacing the dock connector cable (those round buttons are NOT easy to get around) and went to town with a Scotch-brite green pad, as seen here and previously done on my iPhone 3G:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=332434

My camera takes pretty miserable pictures, hopefully anyone that has wondered has an idea of how a brushed iPhone 4 looks though.

swiftbmx

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009
Just a heads up for those still with warranty, I'd recommend not doing it. I did it to my 4S and was given a pretty hard time about a repair.

Brettka7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Just a heads up for those still with warranty, I'd recommend not doing it. I did it to my 4S and was given a pretty hard time about a repair.
I also recommend not doing it if you're in warranty. Apple employees in my area are very picky. Obviously I was out of warranty with water damage, so I had nothing to lose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.