BSE/PS users: Anyone goin naked on their 4s because of readily available parts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stealthmode29, Oct 21, 2011.

1. stealthmode29 macrumors member

I've been a Best Skins Ever/ Power Support USA user from the get go with all my idevices. Obviously the reason I use these products is to preserve/protect my devices from scratches so as to retain resale value; and also to of course provide the minimal protection that I need to still enjoy the slim form factor of the device. With online stores like cnn.cn and directfix, where you can buy a brand new part and install it yourself...I'm wondering if people are just ditching the whole skins thing and enjoying the device naked- knowing that you can make it look brand new anytime you wanted to for a small fraction of the price- I mean how much is a skin to begin with? 16.00? and powersupport is about the same....for that same amount you can pretty much get a new back. Your comments and opinions are appreciated.

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

idk... I kind of would want to do that, but what if you drop it and the phone like dents? You would still need a screen protector, But you do not really need to worry about the back getting shattered or scratched because you can replace them for less then 10$.
    The screen on the other hand...

3. reedlight macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Naked! Putting a case on an iPhone is like putting a sweatshirt over a tuxedo. You just. Don't. Do it.

4. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

going naked now because no more antena gate! Plus if I do drop it and break it, its only $50 to get it replace with a new one with apple care +, which is just a little more than a good case costs.

5. c613m macrumors 6502

c613m

No case. Have Best Skins Ever on it. Why hide the beauty of the product!