Buffalo's NASNavigator2 does't goes with ML?! & maybe the cause of heating up Mac!

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by lorentzyeung, Aug 23, 2012.

1. lorentzyeung macrumors newbie

Buffalo's NASNavigator2 doesn't go support ML well, i am guessing it's the culprit of my Mac Air 2012 heating up problem.

from the attachment, which is a screen cap of the Activity Monitor, it uses up to 40% of CPU, while around 30ish usually. and for all the other apps together only use up to 5% CPU.

Now my CPU is 90 degree, i can't even put my lap top on my lap, i should rename it as fan-top instead.

I have tried to deleted the apps, but I don't know why after deleting the NASnavigator2, and after rebooting of the fan-top, when i turn on the Activity Monitor again, NASnavigator2 is still there! Still using up 40% of CPU, and the fan-top is still hot. I even tried to force-quit it, but it's still there.

DOes any one know how to solve this problem? i wanna get rid of the app!

Attached Files:

2. lorentzyeung thread starter macrumors newbie

so, what i really want to know is, how to kill the NASnavigator2 while i can't see it in the Application folder? it's still using up the CPU.

3. lorentzyeung thread starter macrumors newbie

i have tried on Terminal, but:

Lorentzs-MacBook-Air:~ lorentzMacbookAir$ kill -385
    -bash: kill: 385: invalid signal specification

Lorentzs-MacBook-Air:~ lorentzMacbookAir$ killall nasnavigator2
    No matching processes belonging to you were found

WHy?

----------

on the Activity Monitor, i double click the app, on the "Open Files and Ports " page, it says:

/
    /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/NasNavigator2.app/Contents/MacOS/NasNavigator2
    /System/Library/Frameworks/ExceptionHandling.framework/Versions/A/ExceptionHandling
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Librarian.framework/Versions/A/Librarian
    /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/NasNavigator2.app/Contents/Resources/IconView.png
    /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/NasNavigator2.app/Contents/Resources/ListView.png
    /System/Library/Keyboard Layouts/AppleKeyboardLayouts.bundle/Contents/Resources/AppleKeyboardLayouts-L.dat
    /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.IntlDataCache.le.kbdx
    /private/var/folders/26/p0k1nsc57_n0yfbdy4mr_6480000gn/C/com.apple.LaunchServices-036501.csstore
    /System/Library/Fonts/LucidaGrande.ttc
    /usr/share/icu/icudt49l.dat
    /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Extras2.rsrc
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources/SArtFile.bin
    /System/Library/Fonts/Helvetica.dfont
    /usr/lib/dyld
    /private/var/db/dyld/dyld_shared_cache_i386
    /dev/null
    /dev/null
    /dev/null
    count=1, state=0x2
    /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Extras2.rsrc
    *:64834

is there any thing i can make use of?

4. lorentzyeung thread starter macrumors newbie

finally , by using Terminal , i force deleted
    /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/NasNavigator2.app/
    (by typing the sudo command)

Now everything comes back to normal, CPU temperature back to 40ish degree,
    and CPU usage back to 5%.

So, my conclusion is,
    1) Do not install NASNavigator2 which issued before aug 2012 to your Mountain Lion, it doens 't support

2) NASNavigator2 uses up to 40% of CPU usage, which will a) seriously drain your battery, b) heat up your Mac to above 90 celsius degree.